For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
degnaw's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 4th, 2013 3:54 PM

HTC One X - Software Update not working?

I have an HTC One X that I got refurbished back in October 2012. It's still using Android 4.0.3, which came with the phone.

When I go into ATT software update from settings and click on 'Check for updates', I get "checking for new software available now" for a few seconds before it exits back to the prior (settings) screen. Is it normal for this to happen without any notification appearing? If not, how do I fix it? 

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

The OTA updates have to be installed sequentially (one cannot be skipped), so if one was missed along the line, it "breaks" the process.  Since you are still on 4.0.3, this is what I suspect is happening in your case.

Back up your personal data, than download and run the RUU.  The RUU download is located on the following webpage (click "News & download" then follow the manual system update instructions):

http://www.htc.com/us/support/howtos.aspx?p_id=464&p_name=htc-one-x-att

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

That link doesn't work anymore...do you have another link or options? Thank you

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

Here is the new link:

http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-x-att/news/

The download is for the latest (5.18) software version RUU.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

cannot update manually to sense 5 ...ruu not dat I downloaded. from HTC news s downloads ..ain't opening ...plz hlp me to update the phone

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@rahul00592 wrote:
cannot update manually to sense 5 ...ruu not dat I downloaded. from HTC news s downloads ..ain't opening ...plz hlp me to update the phone

If you expect a  readable, well written post in response; then you need to do the same.  I know you are posting from you phone.  But if you care enough to take the time to post, then just take a little more time to make your post legible, in real English (not abbreviated "text message" speak), and provide details.  Go to a computer keyboard if need be.

Does the RUU program not open at all?  If not, Try downloading again.  It needs to be run on a PC (Mac will not work).

Or does the RUU open, but fail to update the phone?  Any error messages?  Any response from the phone during this time?

You need to have HTC Sync Manager (or at least the HTC drivers) installed.  If its not, install it.  If its already installed, try re-installing it.

Try different USB ports, or even another PC if possible.  HTC drivers can be very finnicky.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi i want to update my htc one x plus from 4.1.1 to the newest version. please help me with it.

I could'nt find any software updates in phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

4.1.1 was the last update for the one x
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.