HTC One X Screen Freeze

Highlighted
Mentor

HTC One X Screen Freeze

I have an HTC One X running stock Jelly Bean, 4.1.1 with Sense 4+. I have been nagged with a reoccurring problem of having my screen become unresponsive for a short period of time. It will freeze up and not respond to any input for several seconds to a minute, and I can perform no operations whatsoever. I have confirmed that the screen is registering the touches by setting the Developer Options to show screen touches. Oddly, if I lock and unlock the screen using the top button, it will unfreeze and allow me full control again, consistently. This problem began while running Ice Cream Sandwich a few weeks back, and continues even after the recent upgrade to Jelly Bean. Can anyone offer any suggestions other than of course, a factory reset?

Message 1 of 2
Mentor

Re: HTC One X Screen Freeze

Ok, well I'm going to reply to my own post. Since I posted two days ago, I have booted the phone into safe mode to see if the problem persisted, and it did not. Doing this caused any widgets I had on any of my screens to be deleted. I then opened the app manager and cleared the "data" on any app I didn't regularly use, as well as any others that I didn't care about, excluding any apps that appeared to be system related. I re-booted the phone out of safe mode, and after extensive testing, found the "freezing" problem to be gone. So, I can't say whether any of the widgets I had displayed were a problem, or whether I had any corrupted app data. I have since re-installed each of the widgets I previously had and still have had no screen freezes. It's anyone's guess!

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support