The Samsung Galaxy S24
mirmajeed's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 6th, 2013 6:40 PM

HTC One X Jelly Bean Update Issues

Since I got Jelly bean update for my HTC One X phone it is not the same phone any more. I have to charge my phone now every 2-3 hours it gets really hot, my bluetooth works intermittently and I get same text messages repeated 3-4 times. Is there a way to go back to previou android version?

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

11 years ago

From what I've read elsewhere, you can't roll back the operating system without rooting. You may want to perform a factory reset. It's a pain in the butt, but at least all your apps will automatically reinstall as soon as you log back in to your gmail account. Just make sure NOT to check "erase all data" if you wish to save all your photos, music, etc. Although it's not a cure-all, your problems may be resolved. 

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

That is correct, that you cannot rollback or "downgrade" Android versions without being rooted/modded.

Its also true that many problems after an update are due to existing apps and user data.  A factory reset will often (but not always) fix some of these issues.  It will wipe all user data and start from a clean slate (but on your present Android version, so the term "factory reset" is a bit of a misnomer).  If you want to keep your app data and do a factory reset, checkout the Carbon app in the market.  Haven't used it myself, but others here have recommended it as a good backup app for non-rooted users.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Is it safe to assume that its better to factory reset the phone (i have all my pics ect stored), then do an RUU update? Or  is ATO better. I really want to avoid all these issues I here about.

Thanks.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@cjohnson76 wrote:

Is it safe to assume that its better to factory reset the phone (i have all my pics ect stored), then do an RUU update? Or  is ATO better. I really want to avoid all these issues I here about.

Thanks.

Answered your question here:  http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/ATO-or-RUU/m-p/3466985#M42892

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

So I am back and think this is the correct thread. I ended up going with RUU. I too am having issues now. 

I want to start by saying that the update for sense is great! You can feel and see the smoothness. Really is much better and I am already seeing a slight improvment on battery life although I have not been through a full day yet. Also, google now, seems cool and from what I hear it needs time to learn. Hope so because its deff not quite as responsive as I was led to believe.

So now for the issues. Launchers... Ive tried em all and previously I used Next, (I used very simple backrounds and themes. Only liked it because of the freedom you had with icon and widget placement). Well now I cant use any of them. They all work horribly and the themes simply wont apply completely. Ive tried Next, Go EX and Nova. Either the dock icons work and the regular ones wont or vice versa. The wigdets dont work properly and the smoothness seems to fade. I also seem to have a problem with any type of SMS themes. They just wont load correctly.

Any ideas, advise would be great. If not it looks like Sense is once again my home. 

Thanks again.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Factory reset didn't fix google navigation freezes. Also have terrible static on Bluetooth after jelly bean. Anyone hear of any updates?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

I have not heard of any. I actully figured out my problem. As of now and after my issue yesterday mine seems to be ok now. Did everyone thats having issues go RUU?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I had a lagging problem after updating JB via RUU (I was wondering how come a jelly bean with the butter project becomes so laggy),

Then I read about factory reset can cure most of JB problem,

After the reset, the lagging problem is gone. I love the sense 4+ and the smoothness of JB,

Only one issue left for me, my battery backup seems worse than it was on ICS, hope that AT&T will have some minor update to fix all issues soon

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.