For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
lcalle's profile

Guru

• 

629 Messages

Thursday, April 7th, 2016 5:26 PM

HTC One M8/M9 software update on 4/7

Just a head's up to all HTC One M8 & M9 owners out there on ATT you're going to get an update really soon, if you haven't already.  However, according to Mo Versi via his Twitter account, this isn't Marshmallow, it's the update required before Marshmallow.  He also says the actual Marsmallow update is "entering the lab next."  So, looks like they're going to be pretty close to their target of the end of April for Marshy.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

so what is in the patch?  ATT has yet to post a change log and neither has HTC.....  Amazes me you send out a OTA and cant update the support pages.

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

Nobody's saying what exactly is in the patch at this point.  HTC doesn't even have it posted on their website yet, so I guess we're just going to have to wait until either the network or HTC posts the update details 😒.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

did it add this security patch level?

Screenshot_2016-04-07-12-36-38.png

1 Attachment

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

My info's different since I've got an HTC M8, but Mr. Versi was right on the money, it's not Marshmallow, yet.  My "About" section doesn't list the Android Security Patch Level. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

yeah for some reason HTC has to mess with the about phone screen.  The patch level is on all android phones buy HTC,,,

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Why is an update like this even permitted? if you are going to push me an update, at the very least tell me something about it... 

This kind of update drives me nuts and is totally unprofessional. The last time my phone had a pushed update, I was in the middle of using it and without my permission just started to update. This left me unable to use my phone when I really needed to. 

AT&T you can do better than this

AT least on VZ you get this: 

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

Found something that says HTC SDK API Level.  If this is what you were talking about, my version shows 6.55

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@lcalle

That actually does help thanks.

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

You're welcome @GLIMMERMAN76.   What exactly is this helping you with?, if you'll pardon my ignorance 😛.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Mine just finished the upgrade after having to reboot first. And btw, I've NEVER had an upgrade take this long(about 30 mins) on any of my Android devices, even when upgrading Android versions. Btw, I've owned Androids since Palm basically dropped/quit updating/folded their amazingly awesome PalmOS on the Pre...still miss that OS and physical keyboard...but, I digress.😕

Anyway, the only thing that I can see that changed is the Software number, from 4.28.502.2 to 4.28.502.8, although I forgot to screenshot the More(Baseband, Kernal version, etc.) screen.😏
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.