For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
tailgunner9's profile

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

Saturday, February 1st, 2014 6:15 PM

HTC One Kit Kat is Out for Sprint

But it is for Sprint not AT&T.   God knows when AT&T will release it for its customers for Galaxy.

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi tailgunner9, 

There is hardware differences between the HTC One and the AT&T Version. The radios have to be certified and tested to properly work prior to being rolled out. I would suggest keep checking back for the update, it should be out soon! 

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

Let's Hope So...

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

So you are saying it takes longer because the gsm radio is more difficult to certify versus those in the Sprint model?  I would not use hardware differences in this argument.  You will lose there.  Why not just say ATT has higher certification requirements in general?  People might argue with that but at least they have no real proof to contradict that statement unless they are the ones doing the certification.

Since Sprint and Verizon now both have 4.4 and Kit Kat means either their radios or hardware are better since they cleared certification If I am to go along with this hardware argument.

I never expect ATT to be first but I also do not expect them to be dead last either.  Verizon yes, but not ATT.  Right now both ATT and T-mo are competing for last place.  I wonder which one will win?

And this is why my next phone will be a Nexus.  

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

It's my understanding that the problem with ATT certification is not what you say but that it's because of integration with att bloatware paid for by 3rd party sources to ATT.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

But they all have this bloat ware.  Verizon is just as bad Or worse than ATT with bloat.  No, the delays are due to other things.  It is not a priority, plain and simple.  Sprint needs to distinguish themselves from the competition so I am not surprised to see them first almost all of the time.  

Lack of resources, lack of incentive to get this done promptly, pick your poison.  It isn't important enough plain and simple.   Just admit it, the honesty would be refreshing.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

According to HTC's twitter another week or so.  It must be that complicated hardware we have compared to Sprint and Verizon.  🙂

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

Right. The same hardware and software that every other carrier who released this already has. ATT has no respect for you as a consumer. Their respect is to your credit card and your wallet. This has been an ATT issue for years. It's why they  continue to lose customers to places like TMobile who actually added more new subscribers than ATT for the first time ever. Meanwhile they continue to be dominated by Verizon in both customer satisfaction, coverage, and phone support. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I have been with ATT ffor over ten years without ever leaving and this is my last renewal.I just dont understand how they are always last to help their customers keep up to date and what really aggravates me is that they always have such lame excuses like the radios are the issue?

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

@siblues wrote:

I have been with ATT ffor over ten years without ever leaving and this is my last renewal.I just dont understand how they are always last to help their customers keep up to date and what really aggravates me is that they always have such lame excuses like the radios are the issue?

Yup, they won the medal for being last this time.  I won't leave, it is just too much fun seeing the empire crumble.  But honestly, it will only get worse as time goes on regarding upgrades.  I hate to say it but Apple really puts all of this to shame.  If you want "better late than never Android updates" go with the worst options T-Mo or Sprint or wait until the last possible moment with ATT and Verizon.    

At least with Apple, or Nexus /GE phones I should add, the freedom from carrier shenanigans is minimal.  So done carrier branded phones after this.  Apple phones excluded of course because they know better to avoid this interference. Why I never bought the developer edition of the One.......

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.