HTC One Firmware Update

Teacher

HTC One Firmware Update

Can someone tell me when the update to firmware 1.29 on the HTC One will be released? It's been out for a few weeks and is supposed to improve the camera and battery.

Message 1 of 17 (17,390 Views)
Teacher

Re: HTC One Firmware Update

I like to know the same thing, tired of the unresponsive buttons.
Message 2 of 17 (17,163 Views)
Tutor

I would like to know as well... This is the very kind of thing that shows carriers shouldn't have a hand in OEM software.

Message 3 of 17 (16,996 Views)
Teacher

Agreed, I can't understand why sprint got there update before AT&T 

Message 4 of 17 (16,968 Views)
Tutor

Anyone seen an update on their device?  This is getting ridiculous.

Message 5 of 17 (16,780 Views)
Teacher

It's past ridiculous. This makes no sense, I wish an AT&T rep would chime in to shed some light to what's going on!

Message 6 of 17 (16,501 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

AT&T is notoriously slow about releasing updates.  So no surprise here, and I wouldn't hold my breath.  The latest firmware for the One X came 3 months later than other carriers, and sparked a 50+ page thread here with complaints from customers. 

Message 7 of 17 (16,492 Views)

I'm not sure what was fixed, but there is a firmware update available now. It was released today (5/30/13) and is 20 MB in size. I never really had an issue with the responsiveness of the home and back buttons on my One so I'm not sure if it has been addressed, but others at the AndroidCentral Forums have said it did fix their home and back key issues.

The updated firmware is version 1.26.502.12. So it's not the 1.29 that everyone seems to be waiting for, but then, I'm not sure that the different versions all have identical firmware version numbers, so this may be the AT&T equivalent of the 1.29 firmware.

Message 8 of 17 (16,359 Views)
Tutor

Odd... Per the HTC website (https://support.htc.com/en-us/010-HTC_One_ATT/Software_Updates/HTC_One_Maintenance_Release_Instructi...

"If your Software number is less than 1.27.502.12, you should proceed with the upgrade."

Are you sure 1.26.502.12 is the latest firmware?

Message 9 of 17 (15,807 Views)
Expert

karl0528 wrote:

Odd... Per the HTC website (https://support.htc.com/en-us/010-HTC_One_ATT/Software_Updates/HTC_One_Maintenance_Release_Instructi...

"If your Software number is less than 1.27.502.12, you should proceed with the upgrade."

Are you sure 1.26.502.12 is the latest firmware?

your link is not working, page not found

Message 10 of 17 (15,758 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

wingrider01 wrote:

your link is not working, page not found

Yet the correct link is the very first shown in the Related searches. And it's pretty easy to remove the erroneous closing parenthesis from the link to go to the right one, too Smiley Wink

https://support.htc.com/en-us/010-HTC_One_ATT/Software_Updates/HTC_One_Maintenance_Release_Instructi...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 17 (15,607 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, the 20mb update is supposed to improve the home and back buttons, at least from what I have been able to find. I am also impatiently waiting for the 1.29 update which is 200+ mb in size and is supposed to improve battery, camera, sound and other things. This is a big, important update and it is absolutely ridiculous that we are still waiting. I am already regretting switching to AT&T as I hate waiting for updates... Wish we could at least get someone from AT&T to chime in with some kind of info on this.

Message 12 of 17 (15,501 Views)

This really stinks.  I had an international HTC One months ago and got the 1.29 update right away!  The only reason I'm selling it is it's not compatible with ATT LTE.  ITs stuck at 3g speeds.  Otherwise its great!  Wish ATT would get the updates as quickly as international versions.  That's why till now I ALWAYS bought unlocked phones and just got service from ATT without a contract.  I gave for the LTE speed and the exclusive 64gb version exclusive to ATT.

If anyone on the forum might have any questions about the phone or Android I would be happy to help.  I'm in techology and have been using Android since the original Nexus.

Message 13 of 17 (15,284 Views)
Voyager

I got software update from AT&T.  I had looked at the information on my HTC One and it said that the new firmware version is 1.29.  I think both WIFI and mobile network really need improved on the software update.  Before got software update, I believe that I noticed WIFI's signal was very poor.  

I think they from HTC will able release JB 4.2.2 to us very soon.

Message 14 of 17 (14,294 Views)
Teacher

That sucks. I haven't received moves yet
Message 15 of 17 (14,278 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.