The Samsung Galaxy S24
santhon2's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Monday, May 13th, 2013 1:17 PM

HTC One Firmware Update

Can someone tell me when the update to firmware 1.29 on the HTC One will be released? It's been out for a few weeks and is supposed to improve the camera and battery.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I like to know the same thing, tired of the unresponsive buttons.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I would like to know as well... This is the very kind of thing that shows carriers shouldn't have a hand in OEM software.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Agreed, I can't understand why sprint got there update before AT&T 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Anyone seen an update on their device?  This is getting ridiculous.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

It's past ridiculous. This makes no sense, I wish an AT&T rep would chime in to shed some light to what's going on!

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

AT&T is notoriously slow about releasing updates.  So no surprise here, and I wouldn't hold my breath.  The latest firmware for the One X came 3 months later than other carriers, and sparked a 50+ page thread here with complaints from customers. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I'm not sure what was fixed, but there is a firmware update available now. It was released today (5/30/13) and is 20 MB in size. I never really had an issue with the responsiveness of the home and back buttons on my One so I'm not sure if it has been addressed, but others at the AndroidCentral Forums have said it did fix their home and back key issues.

The updated firmware is version 1.26.502.12. So it's not the 1.29 that everyone seems to be waiting for, but then, I'm not sure that the different versions all have identical firmware version numbers, so this may be the AT&T equivalent of the 1.29 firmware.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Odd... Per the HTC website (https://support.htc.com/en-us/010-HTC_One_ATT/Software_Updates/HTC_One_Maintenance_Release_Instructions_%7C_5.30.2013)

"If your Software number is less than 1.27.502.12, you should proceed with the upgrade."

Are you sure 1.26.502.12 is the latest firmware?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@karl0528 wrote:

Odd... Per the HTC website (https://support.htc.com/en-us/010-HTC_One_ATT/Software_Updates/HTC_One_Maintenance_Release_Instructions_%7C_5.30.2013)

"If your Software number is less than 1.27.502.12, you should proceed with the upgrade."

Are you sure 1.26.502.12 is the latest firmware?

your link is not working, page not found

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

11 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

your link is not working, page not found

Yet the correct link is the very first shown in the Related searches. And it's pretty easy to remove the erroneous closing parenthesis from the link to go to the right one, too 😉

https://support.htc.com/en-us/010-HTC_One_ATT/Software_Updates/HTC_One_Maintenance_Release_Instructions_|_5.30.2013

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.