HTC One Arrives at AT&T April 19 Starting at $199, pre-orders start April 4th!

Mentor

HTC One Arrives at AT&T April 19 Starting at $199, pre-orders start April 4th!

Update on the HTC One

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23994&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=36239&mapcode=consumer|wireless

"Beginning April 19, AT&T* plans to offer the highly-anticipated HTC One® smartphone to customers for $199.99 with a two-year commitment, for the 32 GB memory variant.  AT&T is the only U.S. wireless carrier at launch to also offer a version with 64 GB of memory for $299.99 with a two-year commitment."

Message 1 of 7 (2,671 Views)
Contributor

Re: HTC One Arrives at AT&T April 19 Starting at $199, pre-orders start April 4th!

There seems to be an issue with placing the pre order as an upgrade to an existing line, at least this is what the onine chat support rep told me. Basically after I select to pre order the phone, then select to upgrade I'm taken to a phone selection screen and the HTC One is not listed. I was told the issue should be resolved after 3pm eastern time but it still seems to be a problem.

Anyone out there have any luck pre ordering this thing as an upgrade?

Note: I'm definitely eligable for an upgrade according to the site, the last contract I signed was back in 2010 when I got my iPhone 4.

Message 2 of 7 (2,585 Views)
Contributor

Re: HTC One Arrives at AT&T April 19 Starting at $199, pre-orders start April 4th!

Looks like the issue has been resolved. I was able to successfully place a pre order for the HTC One as an upgrade to my existing line through the online store. I went with the 64GB model, the only color option was silver though. This is fine as it is the color I wanted anyway. Not sure what is up with the black model.

During the upgrade I was forced to change my service plan. Previously I had a 1400 minute family share plan with rollover and A-list with free nights and weekends and free mobil to mobil. I had the old unlimited data plan with my last two iPhones. I was a little apprehensive about giving this up, but in reality since I'm on wifi most of the time I only use about 350-400MB a month.

My new plan is an unlimited talk and text family share plan with 6GB monthly data shared. It looks like I might actually be saving money with the new plan. I still gotta see if my wifes line automatically converts over to the new plan though. The site mentioned something about being able to modify the plan to add other lines once the new phone arrives and is activated.

FYI the free shipping option is FedEx 2 day, the checkout page says that I should have the phone delivered by 4-19.

Message 3 of 7 (2,541 Views)
Professor

sydomaxim wrote:

During the upgrade I was forced to change my service plan. Previously I had a 1400 minute family share plan with rollover and A-list with free nights and weekends and free mobil to mobil. I had the old unlimited data plan with my last two iPhones. I was a little apprehensive about giving this up, but in reality since I'm on wifi most of the time I only use about 350-400MB a month.

My new plan is an unlimited talk and text family share plan with 6GB monthly data shared. It looks like I might actually be saving money with the new plan.

You should have had the option to upgrade your device, and still keep your existing voice and data plans.  Its a bit hard to notice on the online form, from what I remember (although that was almost a year ago, so the form may have changed since).

If you really want to keep your old plan, they should still be able to change it back.   But contact customer service and ask them to change it right away.  If you wait too long, they won't be able to change it back.  They might fight you on it, and you might need to escalate the matter.  But they should be able to do it.

Although its very possible that you may want to just keep the "new" plan.  The Family Share may be a good deal, if you have multiple lines, and depending on how data is used on those lines.  There were a number of folks on other forums that willingly and deliberately changed to the Family Share plan from grandfathered unlimited data plans, when the Family Share plan first came out last year, due to the savings.

Message 4 of 7 (2,451 Views)
Tutor

Very excited to get my hands on this phone.

I loved my One X, but traded it a few days ago for a Nexus 4, which was just to keep me occupied while waiting on the new One to arrive on the 19th.

I also didn't have the option for the black one, but I'll be more than satisfied with the silver one.

Message 5 of 7 (2,358 Views)
Contributor

I currently have new HOX, which I love! ATT says I can uphrade to the new HTC One either with ,32 or 64. Is it that much better?
Message 6 of 7 (2,228 Views)
Professor

cordelia667 wrote:
I currently have new HOX, which I love! ATT says I can uphrade to the new HTC One either with ,32 or 64. Is it that much better?

Gorgeous aluminum unibody design.  A brand new camera that performs much better in low light conditions.  Updated CPU, 2 GB RAM, and much more storage.  Plus IR capability, so you can control your TV and other entertainment center components, like its a unified remote.

Yes, I'd say its that much better.

Message 7 of 7 (2,092 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.