The Samsung Galaxy S24
eddyjr's profile

Guru

• 

440 Messages

Tuesday, February 11th, 2014 5:12 AM

HTC ONE X after 4.2 update

After the update to 4.2 I no longer have a home button in the web browser, is there a easy way to get back to home page without that option? Also I now have chrome and thought I would use it except it has no flash player, how can that be overcome? Thank you

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@eddyjr wrote:
After the update to 4.2 I no longer have a home button in the web browser, is there a easy way to get back to home page without that option? 

If you close all open tabs, a new tab will be opened with your home page displayed.

If you don't know how to open/close tabs, swipe the browser screen down until the address bar shows.  Tap the box with the number in it (just right of the address area) to show the current tab interface.  Then tap the X in the upper right hand corner of any currently open tabs.

Completely counter-intuitive, I only accidentally stumbled upon this way of going to the home page.

Guru

• 

440 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you, I have only been using a smart phone for a year. Learning something new all the time.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

I've been using smartphones for over 5 years, and never would have guessed it.  I just accidentally stumbled upon it literally this weekend, and remembered you asking the question.!

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@redpoint73 wrote:

@eddyjr wrote:
After the update to 4.2 I no longer have a home button in the web browser, is there a easy way to get back to home page without that option? 

If you close all open tabs, a new tab will be opened with your home page displayed.

If you don't know how to open/close tabs, swipe the browser screen down until the address bar shows.  Tap the box with the number in it (just right of the address area) to show the current tab interface.  Then tap the X in the upper right hand corner of any currently open tabs.

Completely counter-intuitive, I only accidentally stumbled upon this way of going to the home page.

If you have several tabs open after selecting the tab interface, you can select to close them all at once in the three dot menu at the upper right corner. Then just open a new tab by tapping that option at the upper left corner. Also, you don't have to close the current tabs at all if you don't want to. You can open a new tab in the menu that will start at the home page. Personally, I hate that home page. I want Chrome to use the Google page as my homepage.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.