For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
gomussi's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 11th, 2013 11:17 PM

HTC ONE X BOOT LOOP

Hi everyone , i got an HTC One x , and few weeks ago i decide to put the RUU 3.18 ( Jelly Bean 4.1.1) ,a big mistake , after that i cannot use me cel phone it became in a constant boot loop that never stopp.-

Can anyone tell me how to fix it ? or somebody had the same issue ?

It is un-rooted so i cannot downgradeit

Thanks a lot 

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

Did you get an error when you ran the RUU, or did it seem to run all the way through correctly?

You might try to download the RUU, and run it again, just to see if that helps.

Otherwise if you can't get the phone up and running again, AT&T will probably replace the phone, since its the official software updated that caused your phone to stop working.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

i didn`t get an error , the RUU Uupdate perfectly the phone , i dowloaded and run it again but  the loops continue

Then i talk with HTC support center, they give me  a Phone number to contact them and tell them whats happend ,but i guess , they gonna tell me to send them the cel phone ,the only thjing they can`t told me is how much does it coast to repair the issue 

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

If the phone is not modified in any way, and is still covered by warranty, then it shouldn't cost you anything.  Its their official update software that  has rendered the phone inoperable. Its their fault, and their responsibility to replace or repair the phone.  If you somehow are not covered by warranty (purchased from a 3rd party, for instance) then it might be a different story.

Did you purchase the phone direct from AT&T?  If so, you may have better luck with warranty service through them.  If you are lucky enough to live near one of the AT&T Device Support Centers, you may even be able swap out the phone immediately, for a replacement:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB91429&cv=820&title=Warranty%20exchange%20locations#fbid=F5YTRsrt9G4.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.