For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
CupCheck's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 17th, 2016 3:04 AM

HTC M9 Marshmallow (6.0) Update

Verizon actually beat you to the update. Did Summertime Fever hit early at AT&T this year? Their update for the HTC M9 started to roll out in the beginning of March.

That was one of the reasons I switched to AT&T. VZW's updates were slower than molasses flowing uphill in the middle of January. Should I go back if they are going to come out with updates faster than you now?

I was trying to keep this question light and fun. But it is extremely frustrating.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

according to HTC ATT found a bug that delayed the release.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

Yes it is very frustrating. but, AT&T hooks directly into Android with all that bloatware increasing the potential for problems. And wouldn't you know it...I'd really like to have it on my M9; so hopefully it will not be much longer. Since the M9 I have is farily new, I'm not so keen on rooting it and putting CyanogenMod on it. So like everyone else, I'll wait... AT&T will do what AT&T does and they will do it when they are ready.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

I would get my HTC unlock tolken in case they pull a Verizon and pull access to htcdev.com

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

yeah that is a good idea

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Wonder if they know that M comes before N in the alphabet.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

I have been running N as my daily driver for 2 days its nice but still needs work but then again it is a beta.  

@jellomushroom

This happens every year so I really dont know why people are so surprised about updates being slow.  want timley updates get a nexus

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

8 years ago

It had to be more than one bug. 

It would be nice to know if they are actually still working on a fix.  The lack of any news is the hardest part.  Can you imagine any other industry getting away with no customer communication?

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

Totally with you there.  I've got the M8 and have been just as frustrated because the other carriers have released it for their M8 too.  Just got a response on twitter yesterday from the U. S. V. P. of Marketing for HTC and he said that; "We've been pushing ATT to get the update out as fast as we can, but, as of right now, it's looking like the end of April." That was for my M8.  Which means, you'll probably get it for your M9 a bit sooner, or right after the M8.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I understand they are already talking about an N update and we can't even get the M update. Hella lame!

Professor

• 

3K Messages

8 years ago

@hazen23 wrote:
I understand they are already talking about an N update and we can't even get the M update. Hella lame!

N doesn't officially release until Q3 (planned Aug/Sept), and that is just for Nexus devices.  Than the OEMs will take at least 2-3 months to release their builds, and AT&T branded phones will be waiting another couple months after that.  

Seriously, like Glimmer said, this happens with every update.  We'll be reading the same complaints about N end of the year (if we're lucky - more likely next year).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.