For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
ATSViper's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, October 1st, 2015 8:04 PM

HTC M8 process.com.android.phone

Hi,

I currently have a HTC M8, I am about to break/stab/burn this phone if I see the "process.com.android.phone" come up anymore. It is fully updated with latest software.  I have tried all the suggested things, stopping certain apps from running, clearing cache of certain apps, safe boot/recovery mode and clear cache, I have even soft reset and hard reset/ fully wiped my phone so it was brand new.  The full wipe only lasted a couple of months before the message came back.

Any other suggestions that could fix it before I move to a different phone?

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

I'd suggest trying the RUU.  This is a complete stock image that will re-write all partitions to the phone.  You may have some damaged/corrupte OS files; in which case the RUU will fix this.

Download and instruction on how to run the RUU are are the bottom of the following webpage (under Manual Sysem Update instructions):  http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-m8-att/news/

Be aware that this will completely wipe the internal storage on the phone, so backup any personal data you want to keep  to an off-phone location.  Although you mentioned you already did a factory reset, so you might not have any such data left on the device.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you very much, I'll try this over the weekend.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Update:

Since doing the suggest install, everything has been working great.  Thank you again!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.