The Samsung Galaxy S24
SEANCON's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, February 27th, 2015 8:40 PM

HTC M8 Agent IQ Battery Drain?

Ever since the update i have been getting the Dish icon (like GPS) appearing consistently for 10-20 minutes at a time in a given hour.  The battery drain since the update is horrible.  Go to work, look at my phone 2 hours in and its at 50% battery.  Go into manage apps and see Agent IQ under android services. says its running for over 24 hours? when i try to stop the app.  It stops for about 3-5 minutes and then is initiated again.  I have no GPS on , no auto update apps....what the heck.... tried the hard reboot after stopping the program and nothing....this is getting to be ridiculous.  Any one else having the issue? i see it in other forums about the ATT update/Agent IQ issue but nothing here in the community....weird

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

Hello @ATTMobilityCare, I see you responding in other threads.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Honestly i believe they were told not to respond..its the only thing that
makes sense...especially since this is easily viewable from searching IQ
AGENT ATT in any search engine...there are HTC exec's watching this thread
as well.... with all of the @HTC blaming by ATT Customer Service and even
the Claims office.... i can definitely understand. The HTC M8 is a great
phone....the ATT M8 is good phone for 3 hours a day....but great for ATT
for all 24 hours they are transmitting personal information using your own
data and wifi. Just wait until your ATT M8 starts kicking in the IQ
AGENT/GPS while you are on a call (never mind during airplane mode or
extreme power saver mode)....you will either hear intermittent static,
series of beeps or the person on the other line will sound as if they are
inside of your ear canal. This just makes you realize what a company of
this size does when they don't want to actually address something...the new
slogan must be " Closed eyes see nothing ".

"Sure we can take care of the issue for you, just pay the deductible and we
will send you the same problem again!"

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the links. I just called AT&T again today and they continue to claim that Carrier IQ has nothing to do with AT&T and is solely HTC's problem. Getting nowhere per usual. I did notice that when Carrier IQ activates GPS, it changes your settings from whatever your have (be it off or battery saving mode) to high accuracy. It does this even in airplane mode. Unbelieveable. And the AT&T rep told me that the only solution on their end is to sell me a new phone. 

Customer: Hello, I am having issues with an update that I did through your network. My phone was perfect prior to the update.

ATT Agent: You are out of warranty so there is nothing we can do. My suggestion is to purchase a new phone because you are eligible for an update.

Customer: So you guys basically brick my phone and make it un-useable, and then deny all liability. You then tell me to purchase another phone from you guys, when you ruined my $650 dollar phone one year after ownership? Is that what you call AT&T customer service

ATT Agent: That is the only option we have to resolve this issue

How this is the industry norm is beyond me. I wish I had the time and money to pursue legal avenues. But they know the majority of people don't have that option and so No Care Ever remains the mantra. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

Only way to do anything is arbitration. Which is not a perfect thing either

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

9 years ago

I have already alerted everyone I know, spread the word across multiple social platforms, and forums across the internet. We will all be leaving AT&T as they are a horrible company with no customer service or morals. I have also forwarded this thread to my entire email list and asked them to do the same. They think their ship is too large to sink, but I counter with the Titanic. Enjoy your dwindling customer base AT&T!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

While I might agree with you this carrier iq thing stinks it does not
affect all m8 phones. My wife's m8 never had this problem nor did mine.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

Have you updated to 4.4.4 and then to 5.0.2? Even the M8s at the AT&T store had running Agent IQ. It won't activate GPS unless you lose LTE signal. I'm pretty sure every single AT&T M8 has IQ agent, it just isn't as big of an issue because you don't lose LTE connectivity very often. Where I work, the phone toggles btwn 4g and 4gLTE, and that activates IQ agent and gps every single time. If I am at home or in the city where the phone does not lose LTE, IQ agent will run but GPS will not be activated very often. Either way, the fact that the program can change your privacy settings from GPS off to GPS High Accuracy is troubling. 

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

9 years ago

Plus, VOLTE isn't up everywhere yet, so anytime you send/receive a call or text, GPS pops up as you drop LTE to make the call/text.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

Just in case you didn't get the memo @ATTMobilityCare, I will remind you guys again. Waiting for an update. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.