For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
SEANCON's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, February 27th, 2015 8:40 PM

HTC M8 Agent IQ Battery Drain?

Ever since the update i have been getting the Dish icon (like GPS) appearing consistently for 10-20 minutes at a time in a given hour.  The battery drain since the update is horrible.  Go to work, look at my phone 2 hours in and its at 50% battery.  Go into manage apps and see Agent IQ under android services. says its running for over 24 hours? when i try to stop the app.  It stops for about 3-5 minutes and then is initiated again.  I have no GPS on , no auto update apps....what the heck.... tried the hard reboot after stopping the program and nothing....this is getting to be ridiculous.  Any one else having the issue? i see it in other forums about the ATT update/Agent IQ issue but nothing here in the community....weird

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

You mean an arbitrator for arbitration? Read your tos.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I've had the phone since Feb this year and I am experiencing  the same issuewith the 4.4.4 update,  and after updating to lollipop the carrier iq problem keeps happening and is worse now, my phone battery is getting worse. I have 3 lines with Att and been a customer for over 10 years. Now I am very upset with this issue, and I am stuck with this phone for 2 years. This is UNACCEPTABLE service, and I've decided to take all my lines to another carrier who will pay my penalty and buy off my phones.  

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

9 years ago

Count me in. People normally fail to listen until you hit their pockets...

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

@ATTMobilityCare, Is it really that difficult to update on the status of this issue? This is absurd. Everywhere you turn you get the run around. This is not a minor issue and should be resolved asap. 

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

Let me tell you how much AT&T doesn't care about their customers.

Everytime I call support, they say they will help me resolve my issue.  By the time we are done they tell me their is nothing they can do.

Now the latest, since my phone is out of warranty (by 2 weeks) they have basically said the problem is now MY PROBLEM.  They can't and won't help resove the issue.

They have no intention of doing anything about this, and suggested I contact the insurance and see what they could do.  The problem with the insurance is they will send me another HTC M8 that will have the same problems that I am having with this one.  The IQ agent will still be installed and it will only cost me $99 for the deductable.  What A CROCK!!!!

I asked HTC if other carriers had this crap installed and they told me they were not a liberty to say, but again said AT&T requested this be installed and this they way it is.  They can't help either.

AT&T told me there have been issues with the HTC M8 and the new update and they also told me they haven't heard of any issues with the M9 but it is so new that they problems may just now be surfacing.  

I want to switch carriers but I want to be sure I am not going to have the same situation with them before I make the switch.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@L141083 wrote:

Let me tell you how much AT&T doesn't care about their customers.

Everytime I call support, they say they will help me resolve my issue.  By the time we are done they tell me their is nothing they can do.

Now the latest, since my phone is out of warranty (by 2 weeks) they have basically said the problem is now MY PROBLEM.  They can't and won't help resove the issue.

They have no intention of doing anything about this, and suggested I contact the insurance and see what they could do.  The problem with the insurance is they will send me another HTC M8 that will have the same problems that I am having with this one.  The IQ agent will still be installed and it will only cost me $99 for the deductable.  What A CROCK!!!!

I asked HTC if other carriers had this crap installed and they told me they were not a liberty to say, but again said AT&T requested this be installed and this they way it is.  They can't help either.

AT&T told me there have been issues with the HTC M8 and the new update and they also told me they haven't heard of any issues with the M9 but it is so new that they problems may just now be surfacing.  

I want to switch carriers but I want to be sure I am not going to have the same situation with them before I make the switch.

if the phone is out of warranty then root the phone and remove the problem.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

I will have to do this (root the phone), but this should not be the way to resolve issues. I am also out of warranty so AT&T does not care about this issue getting resolved for me. However, my phone is just fine and it is their update that is causing this problem. And how exactly over the  air updates will work with my rooted phone is also questionable. At the time I purchased this phone, I thought this was going to be the first phone I wouldn't have to root to use.  Never again will I buy a carrier branded phone. @ATTMobilityCare

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

OTA updates will not work according to AT&T.  You will update apps as normal through Google Play.  But other updates pushed by the network will no longer happen.

Rooting the phone is the only option because frankly AT&T doesn't care.  But that shouldn't be the way that this gets resolved. 

To me it shouldn't matter whether my phone is still under warranty or not.  The problem is not caused by anything I did, it is caused by a 3rd party app installed at the request of the carrier.  To me, this should be their problem because they pushed the app through and cause this problem.  Whether it is under warranty or not, it started because of their actions, not mine.

But of course that is not how they see it, they told me they were not responsible for a 3rd party app, and told me to read my contract and the TOS.  If they are not responsible for a 3rd party app then why did they force one OTA onto my phone without my authorization??

Again it is a HUGE CROCK!!

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

9 years ago

Yep, they might as well just stop selling phones. I will never buy one
through them, ever again. This includes my wife and both of her parents who
are on my account.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.