The Samsung Galaxy S24
SEANCON's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, February 27th, 2015 8:40 PM

HTC M8 Agent IQ Battery Drain?

Ever since the update i have been getting the Dish icon (like GPS) appearing consistently for 10-20 minutes at a time in a given hour.  The battery drain since the update is horrible.  Go to work, look at my phone 2 hours in and its at 50% battery.  Go into manage apps and see Agent IQ under android services. says its running for over 24 hours? when i try to stop the app.  It stops for about 3-5 minutes and then is initiated again.  I have no GPS on , no auto update apps....what the heck.... tried the hard reboot after stopping the program and nothing....this is getting to be ridiculous.  Any one else having the issue? i see it in other forums about the ATT update/Agent IQ issue but nothing here in the community....weird

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

Just heard at&t got fined 25 million for security privacy data breach I wonder if this had to do with iq agent carrier iq etc. Hope this fixed the spyware issu. With iq agent carrier iq

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@patsfan12 wrote:
Just heard at&t got fined 25 million for security privacy data breach I wonder if this had to do with iq agent carrier iq etc. Hope this fixed the spyware issu. With iq agent carrier iq

nope had to do with 280000 accounts getting breach at a call center is mexico.

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

9 years ago

How can I obtain S OFF through AT&T to remove this bug that keeps getting passed down through all updates? Do I have to switch carriers to solve this issue?

https://forums.att.com/t5/Other-Phones-Devices/HTC-One-M8-5-0-2-GPS-turns-itself-on/m-p/4240680/highlight/false#M70741

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

I am having this issue since the KitKat update and it is infuriating to constantly have to stop AndroidSystem in running apps to get the satellite to turn off and save my battery life. @ATTMobilityCare, are there any updates regarding this issue? I have called both HTC and AT@T and there seems to be no resolution in sight for this issue. Every time my phone loses LTE connection or I make a phone call, the satellite turns on and stays on for hours at a time. The fact that I may have to root my phone just to make it useable is completely unacceptable. Any updates to the resolution of this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I'm also still seeing this issue with 5.0.2.  AT&T, this needs to be fixed NOW.  I have had my phone since May and never had a battery life issue until March.  My son bought the same phone from Best Buy (I bought mine directly from AT&T).  He does not have this IQ Service running and does not have the issue.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Well after two and a half months of this I finally got a $100 credit to my bill and I am getting an HTC One M9 shipped to me to replace this M8. All I have to do is ship the M8 back when the M9 comes. They still don't know when the issue will be fixed or what is causing it. I don't think they even begun working to fix it until after the Lolipop update because they thought it would fix the issue. I'm just glad to get a new phone and not have to worry about this anymore. It's worth buying a new OtterBox case and tempered glass screen protector for the M9 just like what I have on the M8.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Congrats man...still happening with me and no offer of resolution other
than a refurb m8 through a insurance claim. I'm unable to use the phone as
i could before the first update. Battery dead within 8 hours while i am at
work not even using it. Is Asurion sending you the M9? I originally had a
One X (which the screen died out) and Asurion sent me the M8....now this is
happening i really am not feeling paying another deducible for the
insurance just to get a refurb M8 with the same issue. Before they changed
the terms of the Fan accounts i would get a new phone each year....all
things pointing to ATT not really caring about the customer...especially
me. I have a meeting scheduled with my companies purchasing department to
see if we can switch carriers. I love HTC (past 6 phones) but this is
forcing me to make a decision that may end up just giving up on them both.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

I just got a replacement M8 through AT&T, and so far no issues. IQ Agent is
still running all day, but there are no GPS triggers or Keep Awakes and
thus my battery has been great. Compared to before.

I'm not declaring victory until this keep up for at least another week or
two, but it really brings into question the QA/QC process AT&T goes through
to give us updated SW 6 weeks after competitors, yet still manage to screw
it up for many of its customers.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

@ATTMobilityCare, are we going to see an update and possible resolution to this issue? Some sort of response is warranted seeing that the lollipop update did not resolve this issue. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

So the problem just gets worse.  I stopped the iq agent today 19 times in an 8 hour work shift and my battery drained down to 21% and I made one 10 minute phone call all day.  @ATTMobilityCare hasn't responded at all to our last couple of requests.  Calling in and trying to deal with customer service has been horrible.  I just got this phone in December and my kids just got brand new iphones (when I thought the issue was resolved prior to the lollipop update) and sprint is willing to cut my bill in half and buy out our phones and termination fees.  15 years with AT&T and I expected better.  Has anyone done any research for a[Edited to comply with Guidelines]  Mobile phones are not mobile if they have to be plugged in all the time!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.