The Samsung Galaxy S24
SEANCON's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, February 27th, 2015 8:40 PM

HTC M8 Agent IQ Battery Drain?

Ever since the update i have been getting the Dish icon (like GPS) appearing consistently for 10-20 minutes at a time in a given hour.  The battery drain since the update is horrible.  Go to work, look at my phone 2 hours in and its at 50% battery.  Go into manage apps and see Agent IQ under android services. says its running for over 24 hours? when i try to stop the app.  It stops for about 3-5 minutes and then is initiated again.  I have no GPS on , no auto update apps....what the heck.... tried the hard reboot after stopping the program and nothing....this is getting to be ridiculous.  Any one else having the issue? i see it in other forums about the ATT update/Agent IQ issue but nothing here in the community....weird

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I was just told for an AT&T executive that's working my BBB complaint that in order to fix the issue, I needed to download the recent update file straight from HTC. If that doesn't fix it then there is something wrong with the motherboard and HTC would have to repair it. I think this is total B S and AT&T has no idea how to fix it or even wants to deal with it. I'll try it but I don't think it's going to help.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

Wow...and ha! Suddenly a significant subset of users on the same phone
started to arbitrarily experience identical hardware/mo-bo failures
manifesting themselves through carrier spyware glitches at the same exact
time? The only part worse than knowing for sure that that is a load of
crap is that there are surely countless non-technical customers who have no
reason nor ability to recognize AT&Ts incompetence, and are thus thrust
into dealing with getting new/replacement devices for no reason. What a
shame.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Well, considering I've done 2 factory resets already, all my info is backed up to my SD card as well as my computer. In addition, all my contacts, calendar and apps I have set to automaticly saved and uploaded to Google. Here's the problem... I have tried on 3 different computers to run the update RUU file and on all three computers the file does the same thing. It takes forever to load the first screen that says preparing the install. After pressing next it takes me to a screen about the legal info that you have to accept. I click on accept and then click on next and the program/installer goes away and nothing ever happens. I tried this with the phone in normal power on mode and also in fastboot mode like HTC recommends if you have issues and it still doesn't work. HTC tier 2 support should be calling me back to see why it won't work.
On another note I went to the Local AT&T Corporate Store because I was told that they could install the RUU file for me and they can't/don't do it. I talked with a rep there and she thought the whole thing was very odd. She even had me walk over with her to the two HTC One M8 display models and we checked a few things. One was running 4.4.4 and the other 4.4.2. We were able to reproduce the same issue that we are all having on the updated phone but the phone with 4.4.2 did not do it and was not running IQ Agent. This definitely tells us that this is a software issue and that it can't possibly be issues with the update not installing right during the OTA download and install process. As for why the HTC file won't work even on 3 different computers is beyond me and even an HTC supervisor. At least a level 1 supervisor.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

Just started seeing the carrier iq spyware this morning running 4.4.2 after I did a warranty exchange unbelievable!! Something needs to be done about this at&t does not need to know where people are they need to remove this carrier iq immediately they have no business having carrier iq in customers phones I'm not a happy at&t customer right now....

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I've noticed that the GPS icon comes on when switching between 4G and LTE, turning on airplane mode or when a phone call ends.

My guess is that AT&T is gathering diagnostic data about signal quality and call quality relative to your location [so they can boast about it in their awful commercials]

When connectivity changes, it must trigger Carrier IQ to poll your GPS location to add along with a bunch of other data that it sends back to AT&T.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

Has anyone had any iqagent carrier iq issues gps icon flashing with the lollipop update for HTC One M8 hopefully this lollipop update fix the problem but I still iqagent in the android system app let me know if anyone experiences any problems..

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

I've heard that lollipop update cause battery drain for some people, which been my experience with every major update. This is the last phone that will ever update to the newer software. As for the GPS and the IQ spyware, no one is saying anything yet. Either everyone is waiting for anyone else to do it first or its too early. I. Wonder if we can get the news media involved; AT&T spying on their customers should make an interesting story.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

IQ Agent is still running and still turning on my GPS after the Lollipop update...

This should come as a surprise to no one.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Unfortunately it was not addressed. No Sense 7 either... but the Gps issue
still happening on the M8 with new update and now even feels like its
burning a hole in my pocket. When turning phone on, IQ AGENT will now
remain on constantly until you force stop. Also check it when you are
downloading through wifi on your phone, acting slow? just force stop to
significantly improve speed. I have also noticed a beeping sound or series
of beep sounds will occur when picking up a call or quality suddenly
degrades during conversation dropping LTE quicker than before the update.
When you force stop the call quality also improves significantly. I'm not
in a rural area....Philadelphia...so the fact that the only option i was
given is a refurb (which may have the same issue per att) is
unacceptable...this phone is less than a year old and I have been a
customer for almost 20 years and FAN account holder for 10

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

Strangely, this has mostly subsided for me, but did so PRIOR to the
lollipop update. Typically, I have the issue all day at work, but it only
happened twice over the past two days, prior to my update to lollipop late
last night.

Will continue monitoring today, but I started to see a connection between
the google app and the GPS issue, particularly with regards to how it
responds when using the OK Google anywhere feature.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.