The Samsung Galaxy S24
SEANCON's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, February 27th, 2015 8:40 PM

HTC M8 Agent IQ Battery Drain?

Ever since the update i have been getting the Dish icon (like GPS) appearing consistently for 10-20 minutes at a time in a given hour.  The battery drain since the update is horrible.  Go to work, look at my phone 2 hours in and its at 50% battery.  Go into manage apps and see Agent IQ under android services. says its running for over 24 hours? when i try to stop the app.  It stops for about 3-5 minutes and then is initiated again.  I have no GPS on , no auto update apps....what the heck.... tried the hard reboot after stopping the program and nothing....this is getting to be ridiculous.  Any one else having the issue? i see it in other forums about the ATT update/Agent IQ issue but nothing here in the community....weird

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

Strangely, I just traveled over the weekend and saw this happening far less than usual. Typically, in the metro chicago area, I'm having the IQAgent/GPS random-on issue account for 2-3 hrs of GPS usage from the android system app. When in the outskirts of the metro Pittsburgh region, I was only seeing ~30 mins a day. Its the first time in 3 weeks that my phone has made it through more than half a day without the battery dying.

However, in general, chicago has far greater network connectivity and reliability than in the metro-Pitt and neighboring regions, if not for the lack of mountains alone. And the most regular trigger of the GPS item in my experience has been going between networks, so I would have expected the problem to be worse in/around Pitt. Very odd, but will keep monitoring now that I'm back in Chicago.

This is inexplicably frustrating. AT&T, could you just pretend like you care? Perhaps have one of the mods drop one of those canned "send me a DM with you phone info and well help you out" messages so we at least know you've acknowledged several of your customers are having issues?

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

Try disabling the app 'DriveMode' and see if it helps.  This was suggested in another forum. 

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

Drive mode has nothing to do with it it's an illegal tracking software at&t claims they never heard of carrier iq which I find hard to believe I believe at&t has something to do with this carrier iq installed on every at&t customers HTC One M8 or whatever other phones they have it installed in I been seeing the GPS icon flashing more often now at&t knows what's going on with this carrier iq issue and they refuse to fix it carrier iq is illegal it tracks your keystrokes your text messages your call logs your websites that you visit etc.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

The issue seems to be getting worse....was running in airplane mode as i tried everything to have it stop draining the battery.   Seems by lack of adequate response that its a legal thing that ATT does not want to actually address.  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].we shouldnt have to buy new phones, trade them in or pay absolutely anything out of pocket for this bull.  Its amazing how these companies work against the folks that made them big in the beginning....

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Ironically since my post the issue seems to have stopped or slowed considerably. Has anyone else noticed the same? Could they possibly be pushing out a fix behind the scenes when our posts are seen? Interesting! I hope it continues this way...crossing fingers!

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

@patsfan12 wrote:
Drive mode has nothing to do with it it's an illegal tracking software at&t claims they never heard of carrier iq which I find hard to believe I believe at&t has something to do with this carrier iq installed on every at&t customers HTC One M8 or whatever other phones they have it installed in I been seeing the GPS icon flashing more often now at&t knows what's going on with this carrier iq issue and they refuse to fix it carrier iq is illegal it tracks your keystrokes your text messages your call logs your websites that you visit etc.

Did you actually try to disable Drive Mode (to confirm whether it works or not), as opposed to ranting about legalities?

Yes, we all know the phone has Carrier IQ.  But it did before 4.4.4, and it didn't cause this issue.  Its a bug related to IQ, but probably also related to other things.  As this would explain why it turns GPS on in some conditions, and not others.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

I've tried everything I never had the issue in 4.4.2 phone worked perfect in 4.4.2 I had HTC One M8 for Verizon and never had th is problem on the 4.4.4 when I had Verizon I'm getting warranty exchange today I'm gonna check it out first if it has carrier iq if it does it's something that at&t is doing without our knowledge not informing at&t customers

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

At&t knows about the problem and they refuse to do anything about it their is no way to fix this issue unless they install a patch or something that can fix this GPS bug Verizon doesn't have carrier iq on they're phones I think at&t is the only carrier that does

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

I hope at&t is pushing out a fix for this GPS bug I'm on the 4.4.2 now after a warranty exchange have no issues with the GPS bug on the 4.4.2 I'm gonna stay on the 4.4.2 for now until at&t releases the lollipop update for the HTC One M8

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

you're lucky!!  unfortunately, no the issue is still happening...even through airplane mode.  Tried the Drive mode suggestion, all location services off, no GPS, Hangouts or others....tried turning off all background data but nothing changes....currently the phone has been off the charger for 57 minutes and currently the charge stands at 42% have the power save on as well....just seems like a lost cause.  If i did something with the phone i could understand having these types of programs/malware on the device....but getting this bug installed through a forced update is what is crazy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.