Explore & discover

Helpful Links

HTC Inspire vs. msn.com email

Highlighted
Contributor

HTC Inspire vs. msn.com email

Newbie on this forum and just got an HTC Inspire.  Very nice device!  I have a problem with sending email from my msn.com email account.  I cannot send email in wi-fi mode, must disable this and connect to the network via my data plan connection.  No problem receiving my msn.com email on either mode, just cannot send via wi-fi.  Tech support forum says to disable wi-fi if problems occur sending/receiving email but I wanted to check to see if others have had this problem and if it is simply a different setting on my cell phone.  Would really like to be able to send email via wi-fi to reduce my data usage if possible.  TIA!

Message 1 of 5
Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by CountrySquire55
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: HTC Inspire vs. msn.com email

Are these your settings?

Incoming settings
Type: Pop
Email address: Username@msn.com
Username: Username@msn.com
Password: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Pop server: pop3.live.com
Security type: SSL
Server port: 995

Outgoing server settings
Login required "checked on"
Username: Username@msn.com
Password: xxxxxxxxxxx
SMTP server: smtp.live.com
Security type: TLS
Server port: 587
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Master

Those settings work for me on wifi, AT&T 3G, Edge, Verizon 3G and 1x (2G)
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Thank you so very much for your reply.  Everything was set as you indicated except the outgoing server port was set to 25.  I changed it to 587 and now I can send email both via WiFi and the AT&T network.  Thanks very much!  I really appreciate your help in solving my problem.  I am sure I will have other noob issues but at least I can now send/receive email thanks to you!  Best regards!

Message 4 of 5
Master

You're welcome.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support