The Samsung Galaxy S24
gmacbasball's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 2:52 PM

HTC Inspire issue with phone freezing

I keep having the same issue and have had the phone warrantied once for this already.  When my phone is on and booted, when I click on the button to take my phone out of sleep mode, the screen will come up where I am supposed to slide the bar down to unlock the phone.  However, the screen will freeze and not allow me to slide the bar.  Then when I try to take the phone out of sleep mode again for the next several minutes, the screen will stay black, but the home, menu, back, and search buttons at the buttom of the phone will be lit up.  When I took my first inspire in to the warranty center they said this was a known issue and that HTC had an update comiing out to fix the issue.  However, a couple months later and a new phone, the issue is still persisting and getting worse everyday.  Has anybody been able to get past this without getting a completely different model phone?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I read all the posts and the last post said to remove the htc sense.  I did  this two days ago and I have not had the freezing problem since.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for this it totally fixed me. Smiley Happy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Ive had this phone for a while and absolutely hate it! It freezes all the time and is constantly lagging. I have to restart all of the time which only fixes it for a couple days. Knowing att will do nothing to fix this problem by replacing the phone with new one or anything else, I will be leaving att as soon as my contract is up. I would not recommend this phone or att to anyone!

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I fully feel your pain, Im having similar problems. AT&T does not seem to stand by the products they sell. The Tech support answer I got was just as bad as the store rep I spoke with. I do hope you have better luck than me.

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

11 years ago

Just removed your HTC sense account.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM SINCE I DID THE AT&T UPDATE LAST MONTH.  I HAVE TRIED PULLING BATTERY AND DELETED ALMOST ALL OF MY APPS.  SOME BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES.  WAS ABOUT READY TO TRY FACTORY REBOOT WHEN A FRIEND SUGGESTED THIS FORUM.  AFTER READING SEVERAL MESSAGES I AM READY TO TRY ANYTHING BUT GIVE AT&T $30 TO TALK TO TECH SUPPORT SINCE I DID NOT GET THE INSURANCE. 2QUESTIONS.  HOW DO I REMOVE THE HTC SENSE APP? IT DOES NOT APPEAR UNDER RUNNING APPS.  AND WHEN IT IS REMOVED WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD APPS?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

how do i remove the htc sense account?
take pity on an gma. at&t does not.
will i still be able to download everything i took off?

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

11 years ago

@mhicks51 wrote:
how do i remove the htc sense account?
take pity on an gma. at&t does not.
will i still be able to download everything i took off?

Go to Settings>Accounts & Sync>HTC Sense. Select HTC Sense and it will open another screen. Press Menu and it will give you a choice of delete or synce now. press delete and you're good to go.

It does not affect you ability to operate your phone normally.

I deleted my HTC Sense account two weeks after I bought it last year.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thx. Want this nightmare over. Appreciate ur reply.

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

11 years ago

Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.