The Samsung Galaxy S24
gmacbasball's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 2:52 PM

HTC Inspire issue with phone freezing

I keep having the same issue and have had the phone warrantied once for this already.  When my phone is on and booted, when I click on the button to take my phone out of sleep mode, the screen will come up where I am supposed to slide the bar down to unlock the phone.  However, the screen will freeze and not allow me to slide the bar.  Then when I try to take the phone out of sleep mode again for the next several minutes, the screen will stay black, but the home, menu, back, and search buttons at the buttom of the phone will be lit up.  When I took my first inspire in to the warranty center they said this was a known issue and that HTC had an update comiing out to fix the issue.  However, a couple months later and a new phone, the issue is still persisting and getting worse everyday.  Has anybody been able to get past this without getting a completely different model phone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

For my phone, i fixed the freezing.  I just removed my HTC sense account. It's annoying that the cause is HTC sense.... or at least for me it is, but it did fix the freezing issues I had been having.  Not having sense is better than having to pull my battery 20+ times a day. 

Scholar

• 

163 Messages

12 years ago

Sorry, first time I've heard about this issue.  If you don't get a response here soon, check over at xda developers.

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

12 years ago

First I've heard of this as well. My Inspire is rooted and has a different ROM (operating system) and I've never had an issue. If you don't want to root and flash a different ROM (you can read about this at xda-developers.com), then I would take it back again.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

@gmacbasball wrote:

I keep having the same issue and have had the phone warrantied once for this already.  When my phone is on and booted, when I click on the button to take my phone out of sleep mode, the screen will come up where I am supposed to slide the bar down to unlock the phone.  However, the screen will freeze and not allow me to slide the bar.  Then when I try to take the phone out of sleep mode again for the next several minutes, the screen will stay black, but the home, menu, back, and search buttons at the buttom of the phone will be lit up.  When I took my first inspire in to the warranty center they said this was a known issue and that HTC had an update comiing out to fix the issue.  However, a couple months later and a new phone, the issue is still persisting and getting worse everyday.  Has anybody been able to get past this without getting a completely different model phone?

Do you know if your phone has the Gingerbread upgrade installed? Have you tried a factory reset? I have read using a live wallpaper can cause this issue at times. Also, consider if an app you may be installing is causing this.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have had the same issue, but only for a month or two. I thought it may be apps, even tho I have very few, so I uninstalled all recent ones. No.change. it is so frustrating!! Sometimes it will do that and I will get a call but it remains black.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

No! I have had four different inspire phones all of which had this same problem. They also tend to call people at random when the phone is just sitting on the table and some times when I'm on a call it will just it will do it as well. Tech support told me its because of the apps I have on my phone but the ironic thing is I only have the apps that come with the phone from the at&t store. The told me that the only other thing I could do is send it in to HTC so the could look over it. I can't wait a month while the check out my phone. What am a suppose to use, they don't give you one u can use while its been looked at. They then told me to just buy a new one. I just paid another 100 to get this one. It really is a joke.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

12 years ago

I don't know what the official policy is, if there even is one.  But 4 defective phones is a lot, so I would call AT&T and insist on them replacing it with another model phone.  Ask for a supervisor or otherwise escalate if they refuse.  Pretty sure I've read of customers on here that have switched to a different phone with less than 4 lemons.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

I would contact HTC since they made that awful phone

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

yes i'm having the same problem and att doesn't give a crap about it.. THey know this is a problem but continue to sell this phone. So i can deal with it or pay 125 for an insurance claim since my phone is 4 days out of warranty.. Yes my second phone in one year that has done this. They won't upgrade, they won't replace and they pretty much told me i'm screwed. I'm tired of att and their lies..

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have been having the same issues with my Inspire. I just called AT&T yesterday and they are willing to replace the phone but with the same model.  I was hoiping to get something different but they stated that was not an option.  This is the second one I had I had to take the first one back in less than two weeks for doing the exact same thing.  The phones are over priced and it just irks me that you have to jump through hooops with what they call the  newest technology just to get a replacement.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.