The Samsung Galaxy S24
gmacbasball's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 2:52 PM

HTC Inspire issue with phone freezing

I keep having the same issue and have had the phone warrantied once for this already.  When my phone is on and booted, when I click on the button to take my phone out of sleep mode, the screen will come up where I am supposed to slide the bar down to unlock the phone.  However, the screen will freeze and not allow me to slide the bar.  Then when I try to take the phone out of sleep mode again for the next several minutes, the screen will stay black, but the home, menu, back, and search buttons at the buttom of the phone will be lit up.  When I took my first inspire in to the warranty center they said this was a known issue and that HTC had an update comiing out to fix the issue.  However, a couple months later and a new phone, the issue is still persisting and getting worse everyday.  Has anybody been able to get past this without getting a completely different model phone?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

that is exactly why i'm leaving att.. they know this phone has issues but they won't replace with a different model.. They won't pull them from the shelves. They don't give a [word filter avoidance] about the customers

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have had the same issue with my Inspire but it always worked eventually. This past wednesday the same problem happened but I was unable to slide the bar to unlock the phone at all. It would only go to sleep mode or come out of it. I called tech support and they said it is because of 3rd party apps, which i have none, and they were able to get it working again. Today while at work the same thing happened. I did what tech support told me to do, take the battery and SD card out, wait, replace and then turn it back on. It worked previously but has yet to do anything this time. I have done that about 15 times and i got it to work for 10 seconds and then it frooze again. So same issue but more sever it seems.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

I have the same problem EVERY day, and I have to remove the battery completely because the phone freezes. They have never offered to send me a new phone, but I wouldn't want the same phone again, anyway. Mine has been doing this for months. I've been into AT&T begging for help/suggestions/solutions, but even the managers know the issues and tell me there's nothing they can do. I'm willing to pay a little extra to get a different phone; no one should be forced to stick with something that doesn't work.

To my knowledge, HTC has not offered a software upgrade or any other solutions; the Inspire will become obsolete. Really wish they'd first help those of us with the phone..

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I had the same issure with my HTC Inspire. I had it for 4 months, It was locking up and kept saying HTC foreclose. I was told finally it had a software issue.. I got a replacement phone, it was HTC inspire. same problems within 1 mont of having it. I called back and got a Samsung Galaxry S II. That phone only lasted about 2 months. I do a lot of texting. that phone started to restart itself, i had to shut it off and turn back on to get any of my messages or showing any of the my calls.

It is getting frustated how many problems I am having with ATT smart phones. I never had problems before but with Samsung and HTC sucks

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I have done a complete factory reset for 3 times. Its not my applications that been causing me problems.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I've been having the exact same problem with my Inspire since the most recent software update.  I just want to go back to the way it was before.  It started acting up a day or so after, now my phone freezes on a regular basis.  During calls, it wont let me hang up.  I have to remove the battery to make it stop.  The slide screen from sleep more.  The keyboard for texting gets stuck in horizontal mode.  Its REALLY annoying!!!

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@neelixo wrote:

I've been having the exact same problem with my Inspire since the most recent software update.  I just want to go back to the way it was before.  It started acting up a day or so after, now my phone freezes on a regular basis.  During calls, it wont let me hang up.  I have to remove the battery to make it stop.  The slide screen from sleep more.  The keyboard for texting gets stuck in horizontal mode.  Its REALLY annoying!!!

Try backing up your data, then doing a factory reset (which will wipe all user data). The term "factory reset" is a bit misleading.  It won't revert you to the previous firmware, but it will wipe the phone clean, and often clear up issues like this.

I've seen the issue a lot, where updates encounter all types of issues due to incompatabilities with the user data that was on the phone before the update.  Wiping the phone clean and starting over again will often clear up these issues.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

My phone has been freezing on phone calls since the second this update went through.  This is absolute garbage. If I am going to go through the hassle of doing a reset, then I am going to improve my phone beyond what ATT feels I should have and I am going to root my phone and put ICS on it.  ATT has failed miserably again. I don't know why I even count on them to do anything.  I have a phone I can't make phone calls with thanks to them. I never wanted an iPhone but ATT made sure my Android phone is as worthless as one.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@KingSmokey wrote:

My phone has been freezing on phone calls since the second this update went through.  This is absolute garbage. If I am going to go through the hassle of doing a reset, then I am going to improve my phone beyond what ATT feels I should have and I am going to root my phone and put ICS on it.  ATT has failed miserably again. I don't know why I even count on them to do anything.  I have a phone I can't make phone calls with thanks to them. I never wanted an iPhone but ATT made sure my Android phone is as worthless as one.

It probably has little to do with AT&T.  I've often seen OTA updates cause all manners of bugs and performance issues.  I've seen these over multiple devices, by different manufacturers and for different carriers.  The method of keeping user data and updating the firmware is simply too messy.  Too many variables. The manufacturer can't test for every app installed by the user that might interfere with the update.  A clean update (wipe data) while obviously more of a pain, is almost always better.

If you are willing to accept the risk and benefits of rooting your phone and using custom firmware, I'd encourage it.  As long as you do the proper research before you start, and follow the instructions closely, its a lot of fun!  Addicting, actually.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

That's funny because my phone had NO issues until this new update. When I called AT&T about it after the phone FROZE UP OVER NIGHT AND I WAS 1 &1/2 HOURS LATE FOR WORK, AT&T said there hadn't been any other reports of something going wrong. I did the factory restore, guess what, still have those problems. I am the executive assistant to a Attorney and handle a LOT of his businesses, so he has to be able to reach me no matter what. This phone will not let me answer phone calls a lot of the times. I'm also the single mother and have to be able to be reached by my kids, school, etc. One of my sons has the exact phone and his screws up too.

Sounds like to me it's AT&T's problem AND HTC's problem, but someone should fix the problem before people start filing lawsuits for faulty equipment being sold and no viable solution being offered.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.