The Samsung Galaxy S24
leebc2513's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, May 2nd, 2011 12:31 AM

Closed

HTC Inspire flash photography

Having a great deal of problems with phone camera in lower light situtations.  Most exposures, even at closer ranges,  are way UNDEREXPOSED.  Occasionally at closer ranges, exposure is OVEREXPOSED.  Anyone have suggestions or similar problems?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

@leebc2513 wrote:

Having a great deal of problems with phone camera in lower light situtations.  Most exposures, even at closer ranges,  are way UNDEREXPOSED.  Occasionally at closer ranges, exposure is OVEREXPOSED.  Anyone have suggestions or similar problems?

Have you tried switching from auto to manual settings? You can adjust the exposure level in "Image adjustments". Also, you can choose a more favorable type of lighting in "White balance".

Scholar

• 

93 Messages

13 years ago

The only way to fix the problem that I can see is to go info the effects and use the auto enhance, it dose a pretty good job in fixing lighting when using the flash. Imo the leds on this phone are way off, turn on the flash light app if you have it and point it to your hand, makes skin tones yellow, very bad indeed.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you for your response.  I have tried some manual adjustments, but I will try both of these again.  Thanks again!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks very much, I'll try this!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Regarding effects, and auto enhance, could you be a little more specific?  I see special effects, but auto enhance I don't see.  Thanks.

Scholar

• 

93 Messages

13 years ago

Open the pic, tap the pic, tap "the wand", tap effect, should be the 2nd choice (auto enhance).

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

13 years ago

Is there an app you can download to fix this?

Professor

• 

3K Messages

13 years ago

@Brinkly wrote:

Is there an app you can download to fix this?

Try adjusting the settings in the camera app, as suggested above.

Flashes on small cameras are usually garbage, and especially true on phones.  That's the main problem, and an app isn't going to fix it.  You'll often get better results by not using flash, and adjusting the other settings (exposure, white balance, etc.).

There are different camera apps on the Market.  But to be honest, the built-in HTC camera app is pretty darned good, and I haven't found the ones on the Market to be any better.  There are photo manipulation apps like Vignette and PicSay Pro that let you fix the exposure after-the-fact.  Handy for fixing the occasional photo, but you're not going to do that every time you take a flash photo, of course.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.