The Samsung Galaxy S24
punkybouy's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, July 2nd, 2011 2:39 PM

HTC Inspire camera specs don't "add" up

What gives with the HTC Inspire camera specs?  It's adverstised as having an 8 Megapixel camera but that is not what the resolutions tell me.  I have a Nokia N900 and its 5 MP camera's maximum resolution tells me it is 4.9 Mp and I have a Kodak point and shoot 10 MP camera and its maximum resolution tells me it is 9.9 something MP but my HTC Inspire maximum resolution is 3264x1952 and that is definitely NOT 8 MP but only 6.4 MP and its next lowest setting of 5 MP is really only 4 MP so AT&T what gives with advertising the Inspire as having an 8 MP camera?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

What happens when you take off of widescreen?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Removing widescreen did the trick!  Thanks all.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

exactly 8MP isn't widescreen. turn the setting off to get full resolution but it won't fill your screen anymore

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

@punkybouy wrote:

What gives with the HTC Inspire camera specs?  It's adverstised as having an 8 Megapixel camera but that is not what the resolutions tell me.  I have a Nokia N900 and its 5 MP camera's maximum resolution tells me it is 4.9 Mp and I have a Kodak point and shoot 10 MP camera and its maximum resolution tells me it is 9.9 something MP but my HTC Inspire maximum resolution is 3264x1952 and that is definitely NOT 8 MP but only 6.4 MP and its next lowest setting of 5 MP is really only 4 MP so AT&T what gives with advertising the Inspire as having an 8 MP camera?

Why question AT&T?  Why not go to the manufacturer who provides the specs to AT&T?

You will always get a better and faster response if you go to the source instead of the middleman.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.