For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
electricmainline's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, February 25th, 2011 3:28 PM

HTC Inspire VS. Yahoo Mail

I am having a problem with Yahoo! Mail not working on my device.  I'm continually being told my username/password combination is incorrect.  I read another post where a customer had the same issue and found that if they disconnect from WiFi it will work.  This did work for a few days, even though I shouldn't have to do this just to get my mail, but I'm a patient person.  The problem, however, is now it isn't working on either the network or WiFi.  I've had to download the Yahoo! Mail App to get my emails.  Again, I'm OK with this as long as I get my mail.  I'm just curious if other's are having the same problem and if there's a solution?  Your thoughts are appreciated.

Scholar

• 

236 Messages

13 years ago

I had a phone back aways but cannot remember what the fix was. That being said, I love the Yahoo!Mail app. It works better than the stock email app. I havre an at&t email and they run through yahoo. Now, if I want to delete an email and I can delete it and it is deleted from my actual account. Has all my folders and stuff. It is quite as good as blackberry push email but almost.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

There is  a easier way to setup yahoo mail on the htc inspire. Donot  try to set it up with the mail widget that came with the phone. Just go to the android market and type in yahoo mail there is a app there. It works great for me

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you Junior Wizard for your setup instructions, after trying many of the others yours is the one that worked.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Dear all, I have HTC Desire and yahoo email is cutting off sporadically - including only outgoing account right now.  i've tried following instructions on site and phone warns me that if i change the server it will delete my account.  what does this mean?  should i be scared?  i don't want to lose account info and threads already on my phone, although i have access to them online on computer.  can anyone help please?

judith

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

11 years ago

@jccdl2003 wrote:

Dear all, I have HTC Desire and yahoo email is cutting off sporadically - including only outgoing account right now.  i've tried following instructions on site and phone warns me that if i change the server it will delete my account.  what does this mean?  should i be scared?  i don't want to lose account info and threads already on my phone, although i have access to them online on computer.  can anyone help please?

judith

all I can tell you is that Yahoo has been having multiple, sever issues as a whole. I'm not sure of what they are going thru, but they have not been easy to deal with for a long time. I use gmail with no issues.

Good luck

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Thank you so much for saving me more endless entering and re-entering on my Android, trying to get it to recieve my att.net email.

Finally!!!   After searching and finding so many dead-ends, I took a chance on 'this page' and found exactly what made it work. Awesome.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.