The Samsung Galaxy S24
jlwatson's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 4th, 2012 6:27 PM

HTC Inspire 4G update problem

I received a text message from AT&T about 3 days ago telling me there was a critical software update for my phone. I have been trying to download the update but I get a "Server Unavailable" error. I am connected to WiFi and have tried at various times of the day. What can I do to get this update?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Since I installed the update, my snooze does not work on my alarm anymore. Honestly, some of the new interfaces are nice, but I'd take a functioning alarm over the new features.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

This worked for me.  Thanks. Smiley Happy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I continue to get the server unavailable msg; have tried dialing *#*#682#*#* but get a check your numbr recording. Any other suggestions?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

The exact same thing is currently happening with me. I have yet to find a solution to the problem. I can't keep my phone on for more than a couple minutes, sometimes not even that long.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

If anyone is looking to update the new Android 2.3.5 Sense 3.0 update from AT&T, hold off. I am one of the unluckly that updated to that version on my HTC Inspire 4G and my email is broken. The activesync doesn't work properly after that update and it was a known problem. AT&T gave us the buggy version. You can see a lot of forums reporting this problem with no fix. Upgrading to ICE fixes the issue and is the only fix. But ICE is not available for Inspire with AT&T.  I opened a new post to this community as well to see if AT&T responds.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

How can I go back to the of version? This update is horrible. Worked fine the first couple of days but now I'm having email, syncing, texting issues. I have had to remove battery multiple times to reboot. Some apps just freeze the phone when I open them. Phone worked fine prior to this update. Looking to go back to old version, please help!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

You have to drag the snooze button (looks like an alarm now) into the ring at the bottom. If you just press it like on the old interface it won't work.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

If you find a resolution let me know. I've contacted AT&T and HTC, both are telling me that I must be using some kind of application that is eating my battery. I went from a good 16 hours without charging to now about 5 (on a good day). This change was instantaneous from the day I updated the software.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I've tried putting the *#*#682#*#* in phone call and message nothing happens. Wher do you dial it

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I've just experienced what you are talking about.  One problem, my phone has completely cut off and it will not turn back on; only vibrates 7 times.  I've gone to Batteries Plus, tried a battery, same thing.  Took it to CPR and they're the ones that figured out it was the software.  Can't get it to come back on though.  I immediately took it to AT&T and told them this was their fault because my phone was fine before this update and since that update, it had been sluggish!  They are trying to work with me but I told them I'm not using my insurance on this (they were willing to pay half).  Not an option!  My life was in that phone and now, it's all gone because there's no way to get any of my information back!  I'm livid!  Never do another update, period!  Good luck with yours.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.