The Samsung Galaxy S24
jlwatson's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 4th, 2012 6:27 PM

HTC Inspire 4G update problem

I received a text message from AT&T about 3 days ago telling me there was a critical software update for my phone. I have been trying to download the update but I get a "Server Unavailable" error. I am connected to WiFi and have tried at various times of the day. What can I do to get this update?

Scholar

• 

250 Messages

12 years ago

Have 2 phones that have upgraded (1 still has not) and had no problems with it from either phone. 

The new lockscreen is nice and I like the new gallery better than the old one.  And I really like that we can do screen shots now. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I got a responce back from tech suppport, (*#*#682#*#*) they gave me the same code and it started right away. No problem with the download/installation; everything is fine.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

awesome thnanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

awesome...feels like a new phone. I used the check for ATT update under menu for my upgrade. Took about 30 min to do everything.
I don't feel like a step-child anymore!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Thank you!! That was the golden ticket to this issue. Sure nice to find someone posting a message who is actually right for a change Smiley Wink Thanks to whoever the AT&T tech you got it from too. They simply told me to keep trying the 'update' option under 'settings' because their server is flooded right now.

Kim

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have downloaded the update and the phone seems to work. But when it goes into sleep mode after a minute, it won't come back on. I remove the battery and then re-insert it, and the phone works again briefly. But then after a few minutes, it shuts down again and won't turn on. I went into the AT&T store and they were not helpful. Their best suggestion was to buy a new battery, which they don't sell. (though the battery life indicator shows the original battery was fully charged). I went to Batteries Plus and bought a new $40 battery. After inserting the new battery and turning the phone on, it worked...and then went back into sleep mode and would not turn on again. So, obviously, that wasn't the problem. I'm not sure where to go at this point, because the phone is no longer under warranty. It worked perfectly fine before the update and now it doesn't.

Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone have any suggestions for next steps?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I'm having this exact same problem. My phone worked perfectly 5 hours ago. I downloaded the update and ever since, I have a constantly restarting paperweight. I'm about to switch providers. I am so fed up with all of the technical glitches over the past few years with this company. How do I fix this?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

12 years ago

Cat Happy    Did the update last night based on the phone code Allen0903 provided.

All I can say is that the phone is much, much smoother and everything seems to be working so far ......

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

I do have a problem, my battery life went from bad to worse after the update. This morning i took it out of the charger, made a call and checked facebook for about 5 minutes. I probably used the phone for about 20 minutes total and my battery went from 100% to 82%. My screen brightness is around 35%, no bluetooth, no gps, yes wi-fi, no mobile network. Auto sync is enabled but it has always been on even before the update and my battery wouldn't drain this fast. Before the update i would be at 50% battery life by 5pm. Anyone notice this? Any new setting with this update that im missing?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

I do have to add that i've had the update for a few days now.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.