The Samsung Galaxy S24
jlwatson's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 4th, 2012 6:27 PM

HTC Inspire 4G update problem

I received a text message from AT&T about 3 days ago telling me there was a critical software update for my phone. I have been trying to download the update but I get a "Server Unavailable" error. I am connected to WiFi and have tried at various times of the day. What can I do to get this update?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Same issue, Any solution?

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Make sure your mobile network is on as well.  Not just wifi.  Worked for me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

wifi and mobile on still unable to download, get "server unavailable" still

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

What you want to do is go to htc's website select support, then phones, then select the HTC inspire, then select the software and updates...you'll see a paragraph titled

HTC Inspire™ 4G for AT&T ROM Update | 7.31.2012 theres a link that says read more, click that link and there are instructions on downloading at the bottom of the post with the version to download onto your PC. You will need HTC sync on your PC for this. (NOT htc sync manager)

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I got the notification it keeps saying server unavailable when I try to update..

At&t said Htc hadn't provided them with the file.

Htc says At&t has a slow server that is being overwhelmed buy the number of update requests.

I don't want to overload the junk in my phone without having  it backed up.

I don't know why the file from HTC wouldn't do the same download without wiping out the phone contents.

The at&r software server has been giving me this server unavailable message for long before this

update was available it used to say no updates available when I would check it.

I think at&t needs to check and upgrade there server.

It looks like the update is much more trouble than its worth,

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I have downloaded and installed the ROM update from HTC site via HTC Sync. Nice interface....Fast...Big Big problem!!!  Camera is dead...completely. Restart couple of time, Removed battery, did Factory reset, reinstalled ROM...still dead...

This ROM is probably for Desire HD (it says 'Desire HD' within some stock appliations like Music player). I know the models are similar, but how similar ?

Customer support told me there is no way to return back to old ROM, I need to send for repair...Don't know what to do? Any suggestions?

Teacher

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Dial *#*#682#*#* in your phone. The update will start automatically.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Allen is right.  That code will work.  I called AT&T support and they told me to call HTC support.  HTC support gave me that code and it installed the update.  If that doesn't work, I'd call HTC support at 866-449-8358.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

After 2 days...Camera start working:) ...Now the phone shows up as Desire HD in my car Bluetuz....

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Is everyone having good luck with this update? I’m nervous about updating since the last time I updated (last winter), it didn’t want to show who was sending new text.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.