The Samsung Galaxy S24
jellybellykelly's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 12th, 2011 11:57 PM

Closed

HTC Inspire 4G connecting to the computer with USB

Ok I was able to connect to my computer threw my USB yeaterday but today nothing....I plug it in and my computer does not recognize it and my phone dosent seem to know its plugged into the computer either. It gives me no prompts at all and I have my phone set to be used as a drive but nothing. All it does is charge like it plugged in the wall. I wanted to put more music on and I cant connect it. I even tried to turn my phone off and then back on but nothing. I am frustrated and I need a solution.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@jellybellykelly wrote:

Ok I was able to connect to my computer threw my USB yeaterday but today nothing....I plug it in and my computer does not recognize it and my phone dosent seem to know its plugged into the computer either. It gives me no prompts at all and I have my phone set to be used as a drive but nothing. All it does is charge like it plugged in the wall. I wanted to put more music on and I cant connect it. I even tried to turn my phone off and then back on but nothing. I am frustrated and I need a solution.

did you whckec in windows explorer to see if the device was labled as a drive - have seen it happen in Windows xp and Windows 7 where it is added as a drive but no open files dialog comes up

Scholar

• 

93 Messages

12 years ago

Also make sure you have "HTC sync" installed on the computer, (can be found in the HTC site) there is a much needed driver imbedded with that program that your computer needs.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@MrSteve wrote:
Also make sure you have "HTC sync" installed on the computer, (can be found in the HTC site) there is a much needed driver imbedded with that program that your computer needs.

HTC Sync is the only reason I finally switched to a android based phone, I could go back to syncing my personal contacts and calendar from standalone outlook 2010

Professor

• 

3K Messages

12 years ago

Did you try to reboot the computer?  I've had it happen where the PC did not recognize my phone when connected over USB, and a reboot of the computer fixed it right up. 

Also, I've had a similar issue happen with my HTC Flyer tablet, where it won't connect over USB half the time.  But just unplugging it (leave it unplugged for a minute or so) and plugging it back in will make it work.  But sometimes it will take a few tries to work.  It seems the issue of the computer not always recognizing HTC devices is not uncommon.

Also, try a different cable, if possible. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have the same problem. I cannot get my HTC Inspire 4G to be recognized by my laptop with Windows 7 OS. I keep plugging it in and so on, to no avail. I had to download Chrome to make it the HTC Sync work, but still when I tether to USB port it does not recognize that there is a phone. 

I must say that other than the great graphics I find this HTC Inspire a disappointing phone to say the least. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@GreenTara wrote:

I have the same problem. I cannot get my HTC Inspire 4G to be recognized by my laptop with Windows 7 OS. I keep plugging it in and so on, to no avail. I had to download Chrome to make it the HTC Sync work, but still when I tether to USB port it does not recognize that there is a phone. 

I must say that other than the great graphics I find this HTC Inspire a disappointing phone to say the least. 

Are you setting the connection type on the phone?

Phone->settings->connect to PC

there is a entery for default connection type or Ask me check mark

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I had similar issues and did a lot of online searching. A few places suggested that the problem was with the CABLE being used to connect your phone to your PC (but no one really said WHY the cable was the problem - it was just suggested to get a new one).

I just talked to HTC Service at length and it appears that YES - it is the cable.

When my original cable crapped out, I went to the AT&T store to buy a new one. However, what they sold me was a POWER cable and not a DATA cable.

Thus - that's why the computer doesn't recognize what's being attached to it, but does still charge the phone.

• 

4.4K Messages

11 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.