The Samsung Galaxy S24
raulmiami's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 25th, 2013 7:03 PM

HTC HDMI MEDIA LINK HD disabled on HTC One - Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot plan is required error message

I pre-ordered the HTC One which came with a free HTC HDMI MEDIA LINK HD Device.

I cannot get the HTC HDMI MEDIA LINK HD to connect to my phone. It connects and promptly tells me that a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot plan is required. I tried it in airplane mode which disables mobile data but still get the error and get dropped.

Nowhere anywhere on HTC's site or any of the reviews that I read does it mention that this is required. This is IMHO a limitation imposed by ATT.

Technical Rant:

I am not sharing data access with any devices. The phone mirrors the display output and sends it to the HTC HDMI MEDIA LINK HD. No data requests are forwarded out through the device. If the mobile data is on, the data requested is only used on the phone.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? We need to voice our displeasure! I do not want to believe that this is a planned attempt to get unlimited data users to switch to a limited tethering plan.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I had same problem, even went into AT&T store in the rep said it makes no sense that you would have to have a mobile hotspot in order to use the HTC media link. I think it is ridiculous that they would give something away free with the phone and then require that you pay unnecessarily $20 a month to use it when all other service providers do not have that restriction

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have an htc1 801n silver,,I just purchased an htc media link,wireless for £80,,everything comes on ok until I do the 3finger swipe then mobile and tv screen both go to configure screen then after a while it says on both that sorry this device cannot b configured at this time,please try later,,,sometimes it comes up on mobile saying hdtv media link pin protected but I don't see anywhere to enter a pin and I have no pin.I'm runing newest android updates with sense 5.5,I am deeply saddened at this BIG waste of my money and time,,,quietly brilliant,,,pffff

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

i just bought the htc hd media link
i tried to launch it
it gives me a messege
"can not connect "
"can not configure"

dose it need to be connected to a wifi????
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.