The Samsung Galaxy S24
siblues's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, August 14th, 2013 12:00 AM

HTC 4.2.2 update before Verizon release?

Verizon just announced a Sept 5 release of the HTC One and I believe it will come with 4.2.2 already installed .I wonder how long its going to take AT&T to release the update or if they will even release it beforer the Verizon model is released?Any ideas or ballpark figures when the update will be out?

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

Waiting for AT&T to release a date for your firmware update? Best of luck to you, bud. AT&T isn't exactly known for being open with such information. Heck, they've got a pretty bad reputation when it comes to anything regarding firmware updates.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Believe me I know that I have been with them 12 years now they are the only company I have ever had for cewllular coverage but I am thinking thats going to change soon.I just dont understand how I bought this phone as the newest piece of equipment available at the time and it seems like it is going to be two versions behind soon.I know they cant keep up with the amount of phones they sell but when you cant keep up with the newest stuff offered you have serious problems.I guess a custom ROM is my only option and I am in no way the type of person that really mods their phone.

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

11 years ago

I also wouldn't be surprised to see android 4.1.2 on the Verizon model as well

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

11 years ago

no, Verizon's will be running 4.2.2 on release...it's been (unfortunately) confirmed by multiple sources.  I'm guessing AT&T wont be far behind, and by that I mean December because AT&T is insultingly poor at updating phones in a timely manner.  To me, it's the single worst aspect of their customer service and support.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I totally agree.Now the story is they are skipping directly to the 4.3 update which means ATT will take another 4-5 months to add bloatware to an update that hasnt even been released yet.I have been with ATT for 12 years straight and this switch to android has made me decide to switch carriers after this contract is up.Its a shame but I really hate that they take their time to get you what you need but when you are a week or two late with a payment they are all over you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.