The Samsung Galaxy S24
Luis8170's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 5th, 2014 8:50 PM

HELP Verizon htc one m8 unlocked?

I recently read that all htc one m8s from verizon come unlocked. I was thinking of purchasing one and using it through AT&Ts network, i was wondering, will i have any problems with calling or texting? I know that my data will be restricted to only being on 3G, but calling and texting is my main question, PLEASE HELP!

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @Luis8170 

If the phone is fully unlocked (I've heard before that only the international GSM might be unlocked and domestic carriers might still be locked, but I can't confirm that, you might need to contact Verizon to verify), then you should have no issues with voice and text. You are correct, you won't be able to use AT&T's LTE network for data, but 3G should work fine.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

yes all verizons phones are unlocked but you will get messages all the time that you have the wrong sim installed.  Just buy the unlocked dev addition that will work on att with there LTE

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

Its not worth it, unless you can get a really good deal on the Verizon variant, or something.  Otherwise, just buy the AT&T version, or Dev Edition (as previously recommended).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

unlocked HTC One (M8) Windows Phone—Verizon , When using on AT&T able to get the singnal , but the data is not working. The AT&T connection has 4G speed data , but not able to use data and only able to use WiFi .

Any specific settings we need to make in the phone for data to work??

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

KOTTIUK - Did you ever figure this out? I'm trying the same thing right now, and I found the APN settings to get data working, but no MMS support.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1062162

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

MMS APNs and Windows Phone is always a nightmare. Some phones it can be edited, some cannot.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.