The Samsung Galaxy S24
Cmac72's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 5:06 PM

HELP! No Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich update

Ok, need some major help here.

I purchased a Galaxy S2 from RS back in September and have yet to see the ICS 4.0 update pushed to my phone. I spoke with someone at AT&T and was assured that the updated had been pushed out but every time I check for a software update through the phone is says that it is up to date. I even installed Samsung's Kies on my laptop and it tells me that my device is not compatible for updating through Kies. What gives!?!

Please, someone tell me how do I get ICS on my GS2.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Be careful what you wish for. The update from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 has been a nightmare for pretty much every S2 user.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Galaxy-S2-shutting-off-in-idle-mode/td-p/3247765

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Great.

Well Gingerbread isn't acting right either.

Right now when I try to type a text to someone, nothing shows in the message box. I have to backspace, type, backspace, type, and so on until I see a character appear. When receiving texts from people, a message may come through multiple times (6 or 7 sometimes - identical text). Also, sometimes when making a call, I hit the 'dial' key and my phone will hesitate about 30 seconds before dialing. When it happened the other day I thought the key just wasn't responding so I repeatedly pressed the key until it dialed. As I am talking to my wife, my phone tries to call her again while already connected. I ended the call, it dialed again. Ended. Dialed. Ended. Dialed. For every time I had pressed the 'dial' key, it tried to call my wife's phone again and again and again.

Did I buy a lemon of a phone? I switched to Samsung because I thought their equipment was supposed to be awesome. I am now starting to question that. Should have stayed with my iPhone.

VERY FRUSTRATED!!!

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

See if you have an AT&T "Device Store" nearby. They should be able to upgrade your phone while you wait. But I'd be sure they give you 4.0.3 rather than 4.0.4 if you value having a phone that doesn't quit working several times per day!

(Note that "AT&T Device Store" is NOT the same as an "AT&T Phone Store".)

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

How do I know which is which?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.