HELP! No Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich update

Highlighted
Tutor

HELP! No Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich update

Ok, need some major help here.

I purchased a Galaxy S2 from RS back in September and have yet to see the ICS 4.0 update pushed to my phone. I spoke with someone at AT&T and was assured that the updated had been pushed out but every time I check for a software update through the phone is says that it is up to date. I even installed Samsung's Kies on my laptop and it tells me that my device is not compatible for updating through Kies. What gives!?!

Please, someone tell me how do I get ICS on my GS2.

Message 1 of 5
Tutor

Re: HELP! No Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich update

Be careful what you wish for. The update from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 has been a nightmare for pretty much every S2 user.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Galaxy-S2-shutting-off-in-idle-mode/td-p/324...

Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Great.

Well Gingerbread isn't acting right either.

Right now when I try to type a text to someone, nothing shows in the message box. I have to backspace, type, backspace, type, and so on until I see a character appear. When receiving texts from people, a message may come through multiple times (6 or 7 sometimes - identical text). Also, sometimes when making a call, I hit the 'dial' key and my phone will hesitate about 30 seconds before dialing. When it happened the other day I thought the key just wasn't responding so I repeatedly pressed the key until it dialed. As I am talking to my wife, my phone tries to call her again while already connected. I ended the call, it dialed again. Ended. Dialed. Ended. Dialed. For every time I had pressed the 'dial' key, it tried to call my wife's phone again and again and again.

Did I buy a lemon of a phone? I switched to Samsung because I thought their equipment was supposed to be awesome. I am now starting to question that. Should have stayed with my iPhone.

VERY FRUSTRATED!!!

Message 3 of 5
Scholar

See if you have an AT&T "Device Store" nearby. They should be able to upgrade your phone while you wait. But I'd be sure they give you 4.0.3 rather than 4.0.4 if you value having a phone that doesn't quit working several times per day!

(Note that "AT&T Device Store" is NOT the same as an "AT&T Phone Store".)
Message 4 of 5
Tutor

How do I know which is which?

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support