HELP!! Cant update OTA what can i do

Teacher

HELP!! Cant update OTA what can i do

well i have the note 3 with a pay as you use sim card..... the thing is that the sim wont work in europe (the sales man said that it will) and i cant UPDATE my phone what can i do!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 15 (6,470 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: HELP!! Cant update OTA what can i do

Are you able to download the update over wifi? Or are you able to update via Samsung Kies on your computer?

Not recommended to use your SIM out of the US to avoid international usage fees!

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 15 (6,455 Views)
Teacher

it doesnt work at ALL it only only for emegernies calls....from wi fi it shows that i cant log in to the att server and from kies that i have the latest update which i DONT tell me what to do 

Message 3 of 15 (6,395 Views)
Community Manager

Hello @emmbala 

I'm sorry for the issue you're having. If you're trying to download an update that is being pushed by AT&T, you can only do that if you're using AT&T as your service provider. Do you have an active AT&T service?

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 15 (6,376 Views)
Teacher

oh thankls for answering well yes i have an active sim card but with no signal  it says that is only for emegency calls and from kies it says that i have the latest update but i dont (i have full signal but with no carrier)

Message 5 of 15 (6,358 Views)
Scholar

What version software do you have? Go into settings --> general --> about phone and look Baseband Version

The most current is N900AUCUBMJ5

Also are you rooted?

Message 6 of 15 (6,273 Views)
Teacher

NO im not rooted and i have the MI5 version i think i cant update because of the sim card ATT doesnt have a agreement with a local wireless company thats why a have full signal but only for emegernsies HOW CAN I WORK THIS AROUND??????

Message 7 of 15 (6,195 Views)
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hello again @emmbala 

I apologize for not being clear in my previous post. In order to receive any updates from AT&T, you must be actually connected to AT&T's network with an active account. Since you're using another provider, there is no way for our systems to locate your phone and push any updates to it.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 15 (6,133 Views)
Professor

I believe international roaming is only available on GoPhone for travelling to Canada and Mexico.

I would think if you are just travelling on vacation or work, that service is the primary issue, rather than the OTA update?

Message 9 of 15 (6,114 Views)
Teacher

its for vacation 3 months and i already said that through the phone with the store that i bought it from they said that it was a mistake and they apologize.....so now the issue is the update... its not bad to want them before im back  + i dont want to root the phone....is there a way to do it manually i have the sim but with no provider 

Message 10 of 15 (6,099 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Come on you know you cant get the new Kit Kat upgrade coming out any day now and being in roaming and  off their network, you know you cant from Kies either since  the N900 Note 3 models are carrier locked. You can search the web after the official release comes out and see it you get lucky and find a official upgrade, purchase a international unlock model or root your phone. You know the bootloader is lock so your handcuffed. Also if the IMEI is reported lost or stolen (blacklisted). Your wasting your time.

Message 11 of 15 (6,074 Views)
Teacher

Hello that's what I'm asking how to manually update
Message 12 of 15 (5,862 Views)
Teacher

Is there anyone to tell me how to manually update my note 3???? no rooting!!!!

Message 13 of 15 (5,466 Views)
Professor

I believe KIES is your only option if you want to keep your device stock (not rooted), but you have already said that KIES is incorrectly reporting that you are already on the latest firmware.

Maybe try to re-install KIES and/or factory reset the phone (backup any important personal data first) to see if that clears up the error.

Message 14 of 15 (5,462 Views)
Teacher

well i did that 2 and doesnt do anything how else can i do this 

Message 15 of 15 (4,071 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.