The Samsung Galaxy S24
emmbala's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 10:17 PM

HELP!! Cant update OTA what can i do

well i have the note 3 with a pay as you use sim card..... the thing is that the sim wont work in europe (the sales man said that it will) and i cant UPDATE my phone what can i do!!!!!!!

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Are you able to download the update over wifi? Or are you able to update via Samsung Kies on your computer?

Not recommended to use your SIM out of the US to avoid international usage fees!

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

it doesnt work at ALL it only only for emegernies calls....from wi fi it shows that i cant log in to the att server and from kies that i have the latest update which i DONT tell me what to do 

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @emmbala 

I'm sorry for the issue you're having. If you're trying to download an update that is being pushed by AT&T, you can only do that if you're using AT&T as your service provider. Do you have an active AT&T service?

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

oh thankls for answering well yes i have an active sim card but with no signal  it says that is only for emegency calls and from kies it says that i have the latest update but i dont (i have full signal but with no carrier)

Scholar

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

What version software do you have? Go into settings --> general --> about phone and look Baseband Version

The most current is N900AUCUBMJ5

Also are you rooted?

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

NO im not rooted and i have the MI5 version i think i cant update because of the sim card ATT doesnt have a agreement with a local wireless company thats why a have full signal but only for emegernsies HOW CAN I WORK THIS AROUND??????

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello again @emmbala 

I apologize for not being clear in my previous post. In order to receive any updates from AT&T, you must be actually connected to AT&T's network with an active account. Since you're using another provider, there is no way for our systems to locate your phone and push any updates to it.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

I believe international roaming is only available on GoPhone for travelling to Canada and Mexico.

I would think if you are just travelling on vacation or work, that service is the primary issue, rather than the OTA update?

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

its for vacation 3 months and i already said that through the phone with the store that i bought it from they said that it was a mistake and they apologize.....so now the issue is the update... its not bad to want them before im back  + i dont want to root the phone....is there a way to do it manually i have the sim but with no provider 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Come on you know you cant get the new Kit Kat upgrade coming out any day now and being in roaming and  off their network, you know you cant from Kies either since  the N900 Note 3 models are carrier locked. You can search the web after the official release comes out and see it you get lucky and find a official upgrade, purchase a international unlock model or root your phone. You know the bootloader is lock so your handcuffed. Also if the IMEI is reported lost or stolen (blacklisted). Your wasting your time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.