The Samsung Galaxy S24
apel12's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 8:10 AM

Guess who came in last.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/11/3755486/netflix-monthly-speed-rankings

AT&T mobile is at 20 out of 20. That's pretty embarassing.

I don't stream netflix through my phone because we have caveman bandwidth rates, but it's not good news if you do.

Anyone have experiences to share streaming Netflix on Android?

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

I don't stream Netflix, but my data speeds are around 25Mbps on AT&T's LTE network.  I get faster speeds on AT&T than I do on VZW's LTE network and T-Mobile's HSPA+42 network.  I doubt that I would have problems streaming Netflix shows, as I can stream other video with no problems.

Data speeds depend on location, amount of people hitting the tower and their data connection types, and a host of other things.  I don't usually pay attention to what someone else says about data speeds in some location that I'm not in.  The only thing that matters to me is what speed my device gets in the places and at the times I choose to use it.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

25 to 30 Mbps here.  No problems streaming Netflix for me!

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

11 years ago

35Mbps down / 16Mbps up on LTE here in Grand Rapids, MI. Completely useless though for Netflix because it's like a firehose hooked to a bucket. The water will run out in a matter of seconds. I used 2% of my entire monthly bandwidth allotment just to run ONE speedtest on the speedtest.net app.  I can reach my monthly bandwidth limit in a matter of 4 minutes if I wanted to. How useful is a phone that only has 4 minutes of talk time per month or 4 text messages per month?

Yeah, 4G is a scam. I wish I could just not pay for that junk, use only wifi, and just have no data services when not near wifi.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.