Wireless Forums

Posted Nov 6, 2012
4:05:07 PM
View profile
Google Wallet on Samsung Galaxy S3
Why can I not download Google wallet on my new galaxy s3. I just bought this phone thinking that I would be able to use Google wallet and found out that AT&T has blocked the download. I wanted to try the Irisi app but this does not work either. Anybody have luck getting Google wallet working on the S3
Why can I not download Google wallet on my new galaxy s3. I just bought this phone thinking that I would be able to use Google wallet and found out that AT&T has blocked the download. I wanted to try the Irisi app but this does not work either. Anybody have luck getting Google wallet working on the S3

Google Wallet on Samsung Galaxy S3

5 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2012 4:49:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Nov 6, 2012 at 4:49:52 PM

Sprint is the only US carrier that Google Wallet is supported on for carrier-branded US phones. 

Sprint is the only US carrier that Google Wallet is supported on for carrier-branded US phones. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Google Wallet on Samsung Galaxy S3

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (10,716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2012 8:07:27 AM
(0)
Contributor

You need to root. Then  go to xda forums and follow the step  by step. I have it working just gine on my phone.

You need to root. Then  go to xda forums and follow the step  by step. I have it working just gine on my phone.

3 of 6 (10,646 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2012 8:21:56 AM
(0)
Teacher
I rooted my inspire before I got my S3 and lost battery life and the volume part of the phone. So far I have been happy with the stock S3 ( would lo e to get Jelly Bean).
I rooted my inspire before I got my S3 and lost battery life and the volume part of the phone. So far I have been happy with the stock S3 ( would lo e to get Jelly Bean).

4 of 6 (10,636 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2013 11:16:22 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by jamileh on Jan 15, 2013 at 11:22:10 AM

AT&T blocks the use of Google Wallet due to their heavy investment in a joint venture called Isis. With Isis, AT&T will make money on each transaction. So, they have blocked all competitors (Google Wallet) from being installed on their phones.

The Isis app is horrible and doesn't even come close to having the features that Google Wallet has. Just another example as to why AT&T should be broken up........

<Post edited - legal discussions are not permitted>

AT&T blocks the use of Google Wallet due to their heavy investment in a joint venture called Isis. With Isis, AT&T will make money on each transaction. So, they have blocked all competitors (Google Wallet) from being installed on their phones.

The Isis app is horrible and doesn't even come close to having the features that Google Wallet has. Just another example as to why AT&T should be broken up........

<Post edited - legal discussions are not permitted>

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (8,596 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2013 1:37:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

I can't stand stupidity. ISIS is more likely to fail if they make it proprietary. I live in Salt Lake City (one of their testing grounds) and ISIS is great. The problem is that not everyone accepts it, and they won't until more people have mobile wallets.

So why can't I use Google Wallet on my Galaxy SIII? If AT&T wants to give a technical reason I'll accept it but if it's to support "their" ISIS then they are fools. If the only wallet you can have on your phone is ISIS then it will fail. But if you can have all the populare wallets on you phone then they are in a great positions to be one of the top and they will make more money. 

I can't stand stupidity. ISIS is more likely to fail if they make it proprietary. I live in Salt Lake City (one of their testing grounds) and ISIS is great. The problem is that not everyone accepts it, and they won't until more people have mobile wallets.

So why can't I use Google Wallet on my Galaxy SIII? If AT&T wants to give a technical reason I'll accept it but if it's to support "their" ISIS then they are fools. If the only wallet you can have on your phone is ISIS then it will fail. But if you can have all the populare wallets on you phone then they are in a great positions to be one of the top and they will make more money. 

6 of 6 (4,999 Views)