The Samsung Galaxy S24
tejascoyote's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, November 3rd, 2016 6:51 PM

Closed

Google Pixel

Is there a clear date on the arrival of the Google Pixel phones at AT&T?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hello Everyone!

Check out this page for all the information you may need to buy and activate a Google Pixel device to use on AT&T:

Google Pixel on AT&T

Please let us know if you have any questions,

AT&T Community Team

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

According to google never. It's verizon exclusive period. You can buy it on the Google store.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Has anyone found out the date yet? I'm not sure att even knows, they know they signed a contract.. probably haven't gotten a date from Google yet.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

It isn't going to happen.  Google has a deal to sell with Verizon and has stated more than once that is it.  The phone is only sold through Verizon because they MUST sell their phones unlocked.

Google will not lock the phone.  Period.  

Since all other carrier lock their phones, Google won't deal with them.  

If you want one, order from Google, or Best Buy.  Google has a payment plan.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you. I hear what you're saying, and I had no problem believing that until I talked to someone at at&t. I was interested in the Next program, which is the only reason I cared about where I'd get the phone. Either way, I'm tired of waiting, so to the Google store I go, for a 3-4 week ship date...

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

What some rep that thinks they know what going on that's really not. Stores and almost 95% of call center staff have no idea a phone is being released till it's on att.com. there is a reason T-Mobile will give you 300 bucks to move to them with a pixel. There going after vzw customers.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

@Lastchance2500

Next charges you retail price plus tax, plus  $20 upgrade fee.  

Google charges retail plus tax.   For the sake of $20, Google gets the sale.  Google only has a 24 month option.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you all for your input, it's much appreciated.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I get the whole verizon exclusive deal.... which as a fact was only set up for a short time and the contract has or is about to run out, meaning it could be sold anywhere. I'm also not sure where you get AT&T only sells locked phones..... unless something heavily changed, as recently as last year, most notably, they sold Windows phones that could be unlocked by hand with 2 minutes of spare time, so I don't see where the problem is. Btw the windows were eligible for next, so also didn't have to pay up front. I'm not saying they are coming to AT&T one way or another, but the way the contract with Verizon is drawn up they will likely be seen at more than just verizon

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Att does only sell LOCKED phones. The att 950 is locked to att. You have to use the device portal to unlock it. All Android and iPhone sold thru att are locked.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.