The Samsung Galaxy S24
superm1's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 6:09 PM

Google Hangouts video not working over LTE

So I just got the update to Google Hangouts on my GS3 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.talk).  When I am on wifi I have no problem talking with iPhones that are on LTE.  When i'm on LTE I can't seem to do a video call.  It insists that I go on wifi.

I have a coworker who tried on his GS3 on T-Mo and it had no problem making a video call over HSPA.

What's wrong?  Why is this restricted on AT&T?  I have 3GB data plan I pay for.Screenshot_2013-05-16-09-16-12.png

1 Attachment

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Yeah it's definitely something that was noticed, I would suggest getting in touch with the google app developers as they are responsible for ensuring that aops work on cellular bands. If google confirms its not from their end, contact Customer Care at (800)331-0500

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

I've already read an article that said AT&T is blocking video chat on cellular.

Come on AT&T, let me use the data I pay for.

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

Their excuse is the developer or company must attain prrmission for pre-loaded apps using this feature. Being this is not a pre-loaded app they have no leg to stand on denying its use over data/4g/3g. Start filing complaints with the FCC/BBB, they need to start treating paying customers a whole lot better or pay the price themselves.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Works on at&t iphone via LTE but not Samsung S4 on at&t via LTE?????

[corrected formatting]

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

This is typical underhanded bullstuff from AT&T. They won't let you use already paid for data on a service that is similar to what they offer because they want you to pay extra by buying that service from them. Not only should this work with LTE, it should work with any form of data. If you bought the data and you have the app to do it, it should be allowed. This is one of the main reasons AT&T continues to be last in customer satisfaction surveys.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

If your phone is rooted, install this, run it and reboot. You'll be able to do video over mobile data. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.innodroid.gtalkenabler

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.