The Samsung Galaxy S24
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 8:51 PM

Google Hangouts and AT&T Visual Voicemail

Is there an app that provides access to AT&T voice messages in a visual voicemail style that does not interfere with Google Hangouts?

I am aware of the AT&T Messages app which does provide visual voicemail. Unfortunately, it tries to integrate text messages and the call log into the same app. My preference is to use Google Hangouts for text messages and the native Android app for the call log. I would prefer to have a visual voicemail app that handled just voicemail while leaving text messaging to Google Hangouts and the call log to the native app.

Device: Google/LG Nexus 5

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @Anonymous 

Are you able to download this AT&T Visual Voice Mail app? I'm not sure if you can get it on Nexus, but I believe this is the app you're looking for.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the reference to the "AT&T Visual Voice Mail" app @ATTDmitriyCM. Unfortunately, the Google Play app reports that "Your device isn't compatible with this version" when I view it in Play on the Nexus 5 device. The "AT&T Visual Voice Mail" app appears to be just what I was looking for. It is too bad about the incompatibility. It seems that my only option for a visual voicemail interface is the "AT&T Messages" app then.

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Go on XDA Developers forums. There you'll find a download for the apk file you can install on your phone. Search VVM apk on Google. It's out there.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks @dakleenupman, I will give that route a try. My preference would be for a package distributed via Google Play so that I could get automatic upgrades but this seems like a reasonable work-around.

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

It's been working for me. Also make sure your account is provisioned properly on AT&T's end otherwise the app won't work.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.