Galaxy s4 active

Tutor

Galaxy s4 active

I purchased a galaxy active and the lcd screen cracked with in week and half of buying it. Called samsung they said to send to them to look at it then I received a call from samsung they told me it was out of warranty. This Phone cost $200 now it's going to cost me another $200. Any advise  

Message 1 of 16 (5,596 Views)

Re: Galaxy s4 active

rgoodin wrote:

I purchased a galaxy active and the lcd screen cracked with in week and half of buying it. Called samsung they said to send to them to look at it then I received a call from samsung they told me it was out of warranty. This Phone cost $200 now it's going to cost me another $200. Any advise  

Where and when did you purchase your phone?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 16 (5,556 Views)
Tutor

I purchased it at AT@T august 12

Message 3 of 16 (5,543 Views)

rgoodin wrote:

I purchased it at AT@T august 12

Did you send it to Samsung, or did you try getting it replaced at the AT&T store and they sent it?

I would think that you'd have at least a 30 day replacement warranty at the store.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 4 of 16 (5,540 Views)

I'll see if I can get some of our "wireless" ACEs over here to see if they've had any similar experiences or some advice on where you stand.

Message 5 of 16 (5,530 Views)
Tutor

I called Samsung they told me ship it to them

Message 6 of 16 (5,526 Views)
ACE - Professor

Did you already ship the phone to them?

If I had to guess, I would say that Samsung is saying that the damage was caused by accident or misuse, rather than manufacturer's defect, so it's not covered by the warranty.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 16 (5,516 Views)
Expert

How exactly did your screen crack??? 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 8 of 16 (5,505 Views)
Tutor

If you are looking at the screen the crack starts on the egde of left side a inch up from bottom an make's a letter M. I sent out two weeks ago should have it back by tuesday

Message 9 of 16 (5,493 Views)
Expert

rgoodin wrote:

If you are looking at the screen the crack starts on the egde of left side a inch up from bottom an make's a letter M. I sent out two weeks ago should have it back by tuesday

Did you cause it to crack somehow...was it in your pocket, did you drop it??? Like one of the other members stated, if the crack was caused by some abuse, I'm sure that's why Samsung won't fix it for free. If it was a manufacturing defect, then they should. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 10 of 16 (5,488 Views)
ACE - Expert

The manufacturers NEVER think it's a manufacturing defect. Smiley Mad

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 16 (5,480 Views)
Expert

JefferMC wrote:

You're probably right about that..

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 12 of 16 (5,476 Views)

rgoodin wrote:

Unfortunately at this point, cosidering they already have your phone, I think you're at the mercy of Samsung now. Had you gone back to the AT&T store first, you might have had a better result.

Message 13 of 16 (5,470 Views)

JefferMC wrote:

Yup, from everything I've read, Samsung's stand is, any damage to glass is the user's fault, period. The only way to avoid the $200 repair cost, is to pay for the repairs when you buy the phone through an insurance policy (which still has a deductible).

Apparently bigger and thinner is not always better. You buy a super-slim phone only to have to make it twice as thick with protective covers.

Message 14 of 16 (5,462 Views)
ACE - Professor

Hmm how odd. Was there anyone else playing a game on the device and accidentally let it drop by accident? Did it ever fall on its side etc? Seems strange that the phone would just break on its own like that 0.0

Though wouldn't be the first time I would hear something about Samsung's devices overheating in someone's pocket and breaking the phone as a whole.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 16 (5,416 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.