Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 6, 2013
3:18:14 PM
View profile
Galaxy s4 active

I purchased a galaxy active and the lcd screen cracked with in week and half of buying it. Called samsung they said to send to them to look at it then I received a call from samsung they told me it was out of warranty. This Phone cost $200 now it's going to cost me another $200. Any advise  

I purchased a galaxy active and the lcd screen cracked with in week and half of buying it. Called samsung they said to send to them to look at it then I received a call from samsung they told me it was out of warranty. This Phone cost $200 now it's going to cost me another $200. Any advise  

Galaxy s4 active

15 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 6:38:42 AM
(0)
Master

rgoodin wrote:

Where and when did you purchase your phone?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

rgoodin wrote:

Where and when did you purchase your phone?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: Galaxy s4 active

2 of 16 (5,534 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 7:31:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

I purchased it at AT@T august 12

3 of 16 (5,521 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 7:40:17 PM
(0)
Master

rgoodin wrote:

Did you send it to Samsung, or did you try getting it replaced at the AT&T store and they sent it?

I would think that you'd have at least a 30 day replacement warranty at the store.

rgoodin wrote:

Did you send it to Samsung, or did you try getting it replaced at the AT&T store and they sent it?

I would think that you'd have at least a 30 day replacement warranty at the store.

neon_sign.jpg

4 of 16 (5,518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 7:47:16 PM
(0)
Master

I'll see if I can get some of our "wireless" ACEs over here to see if they've had any similar experiences or some advice on where you stand.

I'll see if I can get some of our "wireless" ACEs over here to see if they've had any similar experiences or some advice on where you stand.

neon_sign.jpg

5 of 16 (5,508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 8:02:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

I called Samsung they told me ship it to them

I called Samsung they told me ship it to them

6 of 16 (5,504 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 9:22:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Did you already ship the phone to them?

If I had to guess, I would say that Samsung is saying that the damage was caused by accident or misuse, rather than manufacturer's defect, so it's not covered by the warranty.

Did you already ship the phone to them?

If I had to guess, I would say that Samsung is saying that the damage was caused by accident or misuse, rather than manufacturer's defect, so it's not covered by the warranty.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 16 (5,494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 10:43:20 PM
(0)
Expert

How exactly did your screen crack??? 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

How exactly did your screen crack??? 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

8 of 16 (5,483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 4:37:27 AM
(0)
Tutor

If you are looking at the screen the crack starts on the egde of left side a inch up from bottom an make's a letter M. I sent out two weeks ago should have it back by tuesday

If you are looking at the screen the crack starts on the egde of left side a inch up from bottom an make's a letter M. I sent out two weeks ago should have it back by tuesday

9 of 16 (5,471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 5:24:24 AM
(0)
Expert

rgoodin wrote:

Did you cause it to crack somehow...was it in your pocket, did you drop it??? Like one of the other members stated, if the crack was caused by some abuse, I'm sure that's why Samsung won't fix it for free. If it was a manufacturing defect, then they should. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

rgoodin wrote:

Did you cause it to crack somehow...was it in your pocket, did you drop it??? Like one of the other members stated, if the crack was caused by some abuse, I'm sure that's why Samsung won't fix it for free. If it was a manufacturing defect, then they should. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

10 of 16 (5,466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 5:40:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The manufacturers NEVER think it's a manufacturing defect. Smiley Mad

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 16 (5,458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 5:55:10 AM
(0)
Expert

JefferMC wrote:

You're probably right about that..

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

JefferMC wrote:

You're probably right about that..

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

12 of 16 (5,454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 6:28:46 AM
(0)
Master

rgoodin wrote:

Unfortunately at this point, cosidering they already have your phone, I think you're at the mercy of Samsung now. Had you gone back to the AT&T store first, you might have had a better result.

rgoodin wrote:

Unfortunately at this point, cosidering they already have your phone, I think you're at the mercy of Samsung now. Had you gone back to the AT&T store first, you might have had a better result.

neon_sign.jpg

13 of 16 (5,448 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 6:39:18 AM
(0)
Master

JefferMC wrote:

Yup, from everything I've read, Samsung's stand is, any damage to glass is the user's fault, period. The only way to avoid the $200 repair cost, is to pay for the repairs when you buy the phone through an insurance policy (which still has a deductible).

Apparently bigger and thinner is not always better. You buy a super-slim phone only to have to make it twice as thick with protective covers.

JefferMC wrote:

Yup, from everything I've read, Samsung's stand is, any damage to glass is the user's fault, period. The only way to avoid the $200 repair cost, is to pay for the repairs when you buy the phone through an insurance policy (which still has a deductible).

Apparently bigger and thinner is not always better. You buy a super-slim phone only to have to make it twice as thick with protective covers.

neon_sign.jpg

14 of 16 (5,440 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 10:29:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Hmm how odd. Was there anyone else playing a game on the device and accidentally let it drop by accident? Did it ever fall on its side etc? Seems strange that the phone would just break on its own like that 0.0

Though wouldn't be the first time I would hear something about Samsung's devices overheating in someone's pocket and breaking the phone as a whole.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Hmm how odd. Was there anyone else playing a game on the device and accidentally let it drop by accident? Did it ever fall on its side etc? Seems strange that the phone would just break on its own like that 0.0

Though wouldn't be the first time I would hear something about Samsung's devices overheating in someone's pocket and breaking the phone as a whole.
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)

15 of 16 (5,394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 11:39:21 PM
(0)
Tutor
I had the same problem. It cracked within a few weeks. I've had 5 other smart phones without EVER even getting a crack. I'm always very careful with my phone and they are always in a case. I didn't do anything to the phone. I just noticed it one day when the light hit it at the right angle. Samsung refused to do anything because it was out of warranty for physical damage and AT&T people told me that it was also damaged but without insurance (which I actually did choose to get the insurance right after purchase but they don't have a record of me purchasing) they couldn't help me. In fact, my phone turns out to have another manufacturer defect but AT&T & Samsung still won't do ANYTHING because of the crack!
I had the same problem. It cracked within a few weeks. I've had 5 other smart phones without EVER even getting a crack. I'm always very careful with my phone and they are always in a case. I didn't do anything to the phone. I just noticed it one day when the light hit it at the right angle. Samsung refused to do anything because it was out of warranty for physical damage and AT&T people told me that it was also damaged but without insurance (which I actually did choose to get the insurance right after purchase but they don't have a record of me purchasing) they couldn't help me. In fact, my phone turns out to have another manufacturer defect but AT&T & Samsung still won't do ANYTHING because of the crack!

16 of 16 (5,199 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments