The Samsung Galaxy S24
rgoodin's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, September 6th, 2013 10:18 PM

Galaxy s4 active

I purchased a galaxy active and the lcd screen cracked with in week and half of buying it. Called samsung they said to send to them to look at it then I received a call from samsung they told me it was out of warranty. This Phone cost $200 now it's going to cost me another $200. Any advise  

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

@rgoodin wrote:

I purchased a galaxy active and the lcd screen cracked with in week and half of buying it. Called samsung they said to send to them to look at it then I received a call from samsung they told me it was out of warranty. This Phone cost $200 now it's going to cost me another $200. Any advise  

Where and when did you purchase your phone?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I purchased it at AT@T august 12

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

@rgoodin wrote:

I purchased it at AT@T august 12

Did you send it to Samsung, or did you try getting it replaced at the AT&T store and they sent it?

I would think that you'd have at least a 30 day replacement warranty at the store.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

I'll see if I can get some of our "wireless" ACEs over here to see if they've had any similar experiences or some advice on where you stand.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I called Samsung they told me ship it to them

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

Did you already ship the phone to them?

If I had to guess, I would say that Samsung is saying that the damage was caused by accident or misuse, rather than manufacturer's defect, so it's not covered by the warranty.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

How exactly did your screen crack??? 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

If you are looking at the screen the crack starts on the egde of left side a inch up from bottom an make's a letter M. I sent out two weeks ago should have it back by tuesday

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@rgoodin wrote:

If you are looking at the screen the crack starts on the egde of left side a inch up from bottom an make's a letter M. I sent out two weeks ago should have it back by tuesday

Did you cause it to crack somehow...was it in your pocket, did you drop it??? Like one of the other members stated, if the crack was caused by some abuse, I'm sure that's why Samsung won't fix it for free. If it was a manufacturing defect, then they should. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

The manufacturers NEVER think it's a manufacturing defect. Smiley Mad

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.