The Samsung Galaxy S24
the-beard's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 15th, 2013 4:59 PM

Galaxy s3 android update to 4.3

So I am a little bothered that I havent seen this topic on the front page with how popular the S3 was/is. The AT&T support staff tells me to check with samsung. Is this something we should look forward to or will it be skipped? Since we no longer can upgrade after 18 months it would be nice to at least get the newest software on time.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

rickca55 Consider yourself lucky as the overwhelming majority are having many issues, main ones being the phantom downloads and the severe battery drain. The battery drain has been discussed at length in the S3 Battery Drain thread here. I encourage you to look at it. As for the downloads, got to apps, clear out your cache and your download cache and lists and that will stop that. My S3 battery drain got to the point that I have switched to using a Moto G until it is resolved.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Here's what I was told on the Samsung support page:  It appears you are behind by more than one software update. In order for your phone to receive the latest software update you will need to have your software reflashed. You can do this from an AT&T Repair Center (http://tinyurl.com/yjvkvnf), a Samsung Experience Shop (http://tinyurl.com/ntkt67a) , or send your phone in to our repair facilities for this to be done.

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

What version does is this referring? 4.3 or 4.1

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

So i guess thier is no fix for the battery drain?

cant wait to drop att and samsung. I am beyone annoyed, and i cant do anything about it.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

As was said elsewhere, I've spoken to both Samsung and AT&T at length multiple times and was told that they are working on a fix. Personally, since KitKat is now rolling out and the S3 is slotted to get it at some point, I believe that is how we get our fix. When we get updated off this dreadful 4.3 to 4.4, that will be the fix. Just don't know when. I've been pleasantly surprised by my Moto G that I bought unlocked directly from Motorola. It's running KitKat and doesn't have any AT&T bloatware and very little that Motorola put on it. I plan to keep using it until the S3 gets updated to KitKat.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Ark42.

I unchecked the locate via internet and my battery life went back to normal.

I have android 4.2.2 not android 4.3.

After 3 weeks of good battery life the samsung galaxy 3s mini somehow went to about 6 hour of battery life.

Cliff

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

After 1 day I am not sure the un-checking of update via internet actually fixed my battery life problem.
Clidd

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have to say since the update, i have only really had two issues.  I, as many other have stated have had issues with the WIFI staying connected.   I don't need to jump through hoops to get it connected again, it usually does it on its own after a minute or two.  The other thing that i notice with the update (but have not seen it posted yet) was the fact that the Develper Options menu item is no longer there.  That had one key feature that i really miss.  That was the ability to "Stay Awake while Charging".  I use my phone in the car a lot to play music. it was nice to have it plugged in and the screen would stay on so i could see/change what was playing.  Loosing this feature is actually a pretty big deal for me.  I hope they are able to get these issues fixed soon.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

The developer menu is hidden as part of Android 4.2 and higher, not by AT&T. Because really, only developers should be using the options in there. It's easy enough to get back though, just 7x tap on Build Number under About Phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.