The Samsung Galaxy S24
the-beard's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 15th, 2013 4:59 PM

Galaxy s3 android update to 4.3

So I am a little bothered that I havent seen this topic on the front page with how popular the S3 was/is. The AT&T support staff tells me to check with samsung. Is this something we should look forward to or will it be skipped? Since we no longer can upgrade after 18 months it would be nice to at least get the newest software on time.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

Pretty sure you just uncheck the box at Settings -> My Device -> Accessibility -> Flash notification

If it's unchecked already, check it and uncheck it again. The 4.3 update clobbered some settings so you have to toggle them on and off in order to really have them off.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks, flash notification is not enabled. any other ideas?

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Dmitry sent a pm like you asked 16 days ago.. Stills says not read.. Hmm nice customer service

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

That is AT&T for you.  Not much care for customers it seems.  Why they are loosing them and usually last with Updates.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry if I missed something. Didn't see the whole thread, I had the email issue. Everytime I got a new email my flash would go off. I finally just got on to my email, went into email settings, account, then disabled new mail notifications and that stopped it.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @tman22197 

Thank you for sending us a message, we got the first one from you about a week ago, and I apologize for the delay. We will create a case for you and one of our managers will contact you directly to help.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Is there any way for AT&T to push the update to my phone?  I've been checking it pretty regularly, but the 4.3 update will not show up as being available.  I'm currently at 4.1.1.

I've also attempted to update thru Kies with no sucess.  Phone is not not unlocked or rooted.

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Consider yourself lucky, and don't bother pushing for the update...it sucks!

I am having:

battery drain issue

killed my micro sd (lost 1,000s of files and had to get a replacement)

facebook notifications from the status bar will not unlock the phone

music player will not add new album art, even though it is present in photo gallery

deleting a song in music player has become much more complicated

had to search high and low to find airplane mode

tons of setting got screwed with

had to spend over and hour disabling new bloatware

discovered several new b s items that cannot be disabled

ram went from a consistent 550 to around 725

I'm sure I've missed something

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

One thing to note for anybody wanting 4.3 - it removes all the current known sim unlock methods. If you have any plans for traveling aboad, vacationing, etc and want to use a pre-paid sim card while doing so, make sure you unlock your phone while it's still on 4.1! AT&T absolutely refuses to care and will not unlock your phone until it is out of the 2-year contract. And if you're like most people, you tend to take advantage of phone upgrades, and end up with a new phone and a new contract at that point. Not sure what good unlocking phones you traded in or sold away does you if you want to travel!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I just had the update done to my S3 a day ago and actually it has done improvements to the phone. I like the light flash when the phone rings, the ability to stop all the running apps by just holding the home button for a second and touching the stop all running apps icon. The unlock screen has larger buttons to enter the code. I also like the unlock screens notification of a missed call and text preview. So far the only negative is the download notifications keep showing up over and over, but this is a minor item. The battery seems to be lasting longer than before the update when the battery longevity changed from day to day and the phone would get quite warm. So far it's good. Rick

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.