The Samsung Galaxy S24
the-beard's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 15th, 2013 4:59 PM

Galaxy s3 android update to 4.3

So I am a little bothered that I havent seen this topic on the front page with how popular the S3 was/is. The AT&T support staff tells me to check with samsung. Is this something we should look forward to or will it be skipped? Since we no longer can upgrade after 18 months it would be nice to at least get the newest software on time.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

My Galaxy siii has had os 4.1.1 since I got it around December 2012.  If I check for software update it not only says that it is up to date, but above that it says software uppate interrupted.  Also, when I go to check for update, there is a grayed out box that says continue update.  If I press it nothing happens.  Does anyone know if this means an update started at some point ( I never started one myself) and it got stuck?  AT&T chat has been little help, except to say that the update will show up soon.  Samsung said the same.  Neither seemed concerned that I still have 4.1.1 when at least one other update has been put out there before 4.3 .  If anyone can help please do.  I have 2 friends with Verizon who have the update.  Smiley Tongue

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I am having major issues.  I hate how the flash light comes on when you receive a call.  I can't figure out how to turn this off.  Then I have to walk around with a battery charger in my hand at all times, my apps don't work correctly.  My screen goes blank, like its asleep.  I will answer a call and the screen goes blank on me and sometimes I can't get it back up and I have to take the battery out.  It freezes on me and I have to take the battery out.  My case doesn't even pop back together real good anymore because of how many times I have to take it off to take my battery out!!!!  

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

10 years ago

I have been noticing that after the 4.3 update when I close out the stock web browser (using the back button, not the home key), it remains open in the background. Everytime I close out the web browser I have to go into application manager and end the task.  The stock web browser consumes up to 131 MB of ram when it remains open.  I never had this issue with 4.1.2.  Same thing with Google Play Music, and I never use it.  Is anyone else experiencing the same issue, have any fixes for this, or is this another thing to add to the long list of problems with this update?  From what I've heard in another forum post there is supposedly gonna be a bug fix coming at the end of the month or early February.  Hopefully it comes and that it isn't an AT&T employee blowing smoke. 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

After being on the phone with AT&T and Samsung, which they were playing the blame Game for over an hour 2 weeks ago on who's going to be blamed for the errors of the 4.3 update. The answer is BOTH!!!! Samsung rolled out the update , then each carrier finalizes it and makes it their own with alittle R & D from AT&T then off to consumers with a OTA update. First off, here is the Issues I am having: Auto Rotate of screen Freezes screen resulting in a reboot. Wifi unstable, massive battery drain, Bluetooth looses connection in car, apps unresponsive, browser hangs or stops all together. My Galaxy S3 was flawless before the update, now its a paper weight, unless I turn all features off. AT&T said they will fix my phone by doing a out of warranty repair for $199, or let me do an early upgrade. Nope. Sorry. Samsung wants me to send my phone to Texas and they said they will fix it but it may take 2 weeks. No loaner phone either. Nope sorry. I asked AT&T to send me a new or refurbished phone without the 4.3 update and they said NO. My phone is in mint condition. I am very meticulous about keeping it safe. AT&T will not take care of their legacy customers, so I decided to take care of myself. I will deduct and have already deducted what my cell phone monthly deal is off my family plan until AT&T sends me a new or refurbished phone or until the 4.3 error is resolved. CONSUMERS we have to stand up for ourselves and tell big companies that customer service does matter.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

nitrous93, I agree with you on all your points. Until I figure out what to do regarding my S3, I've been using a Moto G I bought from Motorola Online and have been very pleased. I may not switch back to my S3, even though it is vastly better with storage options and has better specs. That said, my Moto G gets reception where other devices struggle (even my S3), and the Moto G is running KitKat 4.4.2 with NO ISSUES at all. Plus the quad core processor is an older chipset that isn't power hungry which gives me better battery life than my S3 had with it's stock battery even before the 4.3 update messed it up. If AT&T doesn't fix the 4.3 S3 issue, I may root mine and go from there, which I really don't want to do.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have samsung galaxy s3 sgh i747.

At present my andriod version is 4.1.1.Till now i didnt get any update to 4.3.what could be the reason .

Please help me.

Regards

Srikanth...

Hyderabad.

India

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

DO NOT,,, I REPEAT DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.3. YOU WILL BE SORRY. Besides, AT&T pulled the update till a fix is released from Samsung.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Rdechiara,

i have been on XDA developers Site for awhile, and No one so far can Root an AT&T SGH-i747 running the 4.3 OS because of the KNOX security Running in Background of Phone. EVERYONE GOOGLE THE KNOX SECURITY ON SAMSUNG DEVICES AND THIS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND. IT WAS WRITTEN BY THE NSA (Yep our Government) geez!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

having the same problem. need a fix please. Suggestions below do not fix it

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I too am having same issue.  Sending Private Message to AT&T CustomerCare as suggested in this thread.  Hopefully will get good response.  If others having this issue please update this thread.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.