The Samsung Galaxy S24
the-beard's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 15th, 2013 4:59 PM

Galaxy s3 android update to 4.3

So I am a little bothered that I havent seen this topic on the front page with how popular the S3 was/is. The AT&T support staff tells me to check with samsung. Is this something we should look forward to or will it be skipped? Since we no longer can upgrade after 18 months it would be nice to at least get the newest software on time.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

19 days - Still waiting for the software to be pushed to my phone. Does anyone have any other ideas by which I can update the phone?

AT&T technical support said something which I never heard in the last 19 days.... "To wait is the only option"....

They are dumb and incompetent. Not sure, how they are getting paid.

Any help is much appreciated. Even a way to escalate this at AT&T works.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I had similar problems after the update 😞    The one thing that have seem to work to fix my 4.3 update troubles  on my S3 was that i pull the battery out and let the phone stay without  battery power ( Power bleed off time )  for about an hour after that i replace the Batt back in and power it up an this seems to have fix the bugs so far..

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I still have not been able to finish the 4.3 update on my galaxy s4, I think I have tried 7 or 8 times with the same result. It starts the download process and seems to download smoothly, it seems like right when I loom away from my phone and its close to the end of the download it stops and gives me no prompt to do anything else. It seems like the download is completing and just not installing but I'm not sure. The phone doesn't restart or anything. Please help.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

When are they going to fix these problems? Their lack of any communication is unacceptable

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I fixed this on one of my phones. 

What you do is this:

Go to your downloads section and find all files that are having the issue

Delete them from your downloads.

This should solve it.  Iknow it's a little late but I hope it helps you!

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

This is comical, ATT is completely absent in helping with the issues and Samsung denies there are issues.  Two awful companies that deserve each other. So long soon to both.  

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

Zzzzzzzz.
Still have poor battery, force close on internet, no knox settings and sluggish performance. No word on the patch that has been released.

Scholar

• 

206 Messages

10 years ago

Same here and no luck chatting with AT&T rep yesterday. I know this will be the last Samsung phone I purchase, since they always have problems with updates. I am learning towards grabbing a Nexus phone, although it sucks that I would still be stuck paying the same monthly rate (which is padded with subsidy for a new phone). 

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Is anyone else experiencing this after the update: phone locks up (freezes) when it autorotates to landscape screen?  Happened to me multiple times already.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.