For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
the-beard's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 15th, 2013 4:59 PM

Galaxy s3 android update to 4.3

So I am a little bothered that I havent seen this topic on the front page with how popular the S3 was/is. The AT&T support staff tells me to check with samsung. Is this something we should look forward to or will it be skipped? Since we no longer can upgrade after 18 months it would be nice to at least get the newest software on time.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Same here, add this to my list.

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

hello Is anyone to AT&T listening is anybody forwarding this to samsuck err sung because this is unacceptable the phones are coming useless. There is supposed to be an incremental update to fix battery drain, website not working, apps not working, unresponsiveness and the list goes on. What is AT&T's response is there a moderator out there what are you guys doing?

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

Have not had a minute of trouble on my S3.  Strange how some do and some don't???

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

have you tried changing the group for any of your contacts?

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

Chattred with Samsuck and I dont Care & Care.  No fix no cares that the phones work worse after the update.  Of course in Samsuck fasion no word on 4.4 even though LG, Sony and HTC all have dates.  Never another Samsuck or ATT product again.  Still no one for att jumping in with any information.  Verizon actually helps people on their forums.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

17 days - Still waiting for the software to be pushed to my phone. Does anyone have any other ideas by which I can update the phone?

AT&T technical support called me day before yesterday, and said that they are actively working on fixing the issue. They gave me a $25 credit to try and shut me up and said that if I don't receive an update in two days, they will work again to fix it.

Any help is much appreciated. Even a way to escalate this at AT&T works.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Finally, I was able to update my phone from 4.1.1 to 4.3.  I don't know if AT&T really pushed the update to my phone since I have an on-going case with AT&T (but I never got notified that they actually did something) or activating my voicemail actually fixed it instead.

So I'm calling out all s3 users who still in 4.1.1 (or maybe even 4.1.2) and are "stuck", and see if you can setup your voicemail. If not, call AT&T and get it activated.  That's what I did and then changed my plan with "Visual Voicemail". The next day, I was able to get the update.

Please keep in mind that I don't know if that is the fix, but that's only what (changes) I did on my end before receiving the update.  If AT&T was able to push the update to my phone then I guess give AT&T a call and keep complaining; hopefully you'll get updated.  If your voicemail is working then I don't know...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Is anyone else having unexpected shutdowns after upgrading to 4.3? When I was running 4.1.2, my gs3 was the best. Now after a few minutes of use, it shuts down. If I immediately power back up, it complains about low battery and shuts back down. If I wait a few minutes it will power back up normally, with plenty of battery remaining. It operates normally if I use it while charging.

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

I have had it crash but what you describe sounds like it is unstable. Have you pulled the battery when it was on to do a soft reset?

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

Does anybody at At&t give a crap that this update is causing your paying customers major problems?  This only proves that you lied about the other updates needing "testing" when they where delayed months. So long At&t and Samsung.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.