For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
the-beard's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 15th, 2013 4:59 PM

Galaxy s3 android update to 4.3

So I am a little bothered that I havent seen this topic on the front page with how popular the S3 was/is. The AT&T support staff tells me to check with samsung. Is this something we should look forward to or will it be skipped? Since we no longer can upgrade after 18 months it would be nice to at least get the newest software on time.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

Battery drains like crazy even when its chanrging. Ill charge till 53% then it will drain it to 40% and charge to 53% again. Cant use the phone more that half an hour because the battery dies. Factory reset it 4 times since Thursday. Bought a new battery and it still doing the same thing. This started after i updated to 4.3 on wednesday night.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

WOW! AT&T and Samsung big #FAIL on this update. Never again.. only buying Nexus devices going forward.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you!  I guess I was expecting to get an email whenever a response was posted, so I never checked.  Did an online chat with Samsung and they wanted me to do a hard reset - even though he'd never help anybody with my issue he was "positive" this would fix my issue (and create all kinds of work for me by having to re-download everything).  Glad I came back to check!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

So I updated to 4.3, and I was wondering has anyone else had any issues with texting? Like when I get a text and reply back, my text goes on top of the other person's text. Or all the other person's text will bunch together and my reply goes on top of their previous messages.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

10 years ago

I've had the 4.3 update on my device since the day it was released and it has been pretty stable. However I've been experiencing these issues so far.

- One to two second lag on lockscreen after wakeup.

- 2 to 5 second lag opening the gallery.

- Memory consumption seems kinda high now.

- There seems to be more redraws on the launcher now, could be a memory management issue or Samsung should've updated the launcher

- Battery drains more, however it has stablized, but it's still not like it was in 4.1.2.

According to a post in a different thread, someone contacted AT&T support and they said that there is a patch in the works.  AT&T left out some things in this update that I hope they bring in this patch such as:

- Gyroscope Calibrator. It was present in my device since the day I got it but left out of 4.3. It was a very useful tool to ensure touchscreen accuracy.

- Adapt display and professional photo display modes which should've been included in the update.

- I know Knox is present as a device administrator, but isn't it also a standalone app, with it's own app store.

- Mobile data toggle.

Also, if you're listening AT&T, I know this is a longshot but maybe suggest to Samsung's software engineers to add a couple additional S4 features and to update the launcher and widgets.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

is there any real info on a second 4.3 release, or just rumors?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

15 days and still waiting for update to pop on my phone. Tried every option in the book and reached out to both AT&T and Samsung. The only response they have is wait, but don't tell how long.

Everyone around me has received the update.

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have tried 4 times to update my Galaxy S4 from 4.2.2 to 4.3. I am able to download the update but sometimes it stops early in the download and once it has reached 100%. Everytime I have tried to update my phone it has done nothing after the download process including the time it reached 100%. I can't figure out why this is happening and since there is a restriction on checking for update every 24 hours I have to wait for the next day to make another attempt. My phone is completely stock and has no illegal mods to it such as being rooted. I have also tried using Samsung's Kies program and it says it does not support updating this current firmware. Really need some help on this.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I'm a sad owner of an AT&T Galaxy S3 i747 Phone. The phone was gifted to me in India by my uncle to who stays in the US. He paid all the extra money to get the phone out of contract and unlocked officially from AT&T. 

The phone is working fine now in India, but from the fact that I just can't update. 

I have spoken to your customer care and they say that since I don't have a phone number registered on the network I won't get the OTA Updates. They asked me to contact Samsung for it. 

When contacted Samsung, they told me that updates would now only be OTA and hence they can't help me. 

And now I'm stuck. Despite paying all the money, I'm strangled like this and can't update my phone. These updates contain important security patches which are vital for the security of my phone and the information therein. Hence I'm very concerned about this deadlock and expect AT&T to resolve it for me as I've paid the extra amount for having the phone unlocked officially. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same issue, along with a lot of apps that quit working, all my ringtones being changed, etc. Just moving down this thread so sorry if there's a fix I haven't gotten to yet.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.