The Samsung Galaxy S24
the-beard's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 15th, 2013 4:59 PM

Galaxy s3 android update to 4.3

So I am a little bothered that I havent seen this topic on the front page with how popular the S3 was/is. The AT&T support staff tells me to check with samsung. Is this something we should look forward to or will it be skipped? Since we no longer can upgrade after 18 months it would be nice to at least get the newest software on time.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I've tried updating to 4.3 twice now.  Both times (last was this morning) after a 1+ hour download the install failed at 24%.  I hate this phone and the software.   Wish I had never switched from Apple. Is anyone else having these issues? Can't update now for another 46 hours.  I really thought Sansung and Android would have been much better than this.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

The problem isn't Samsung or Google, it's ATT. They have released it with bugs still present. I have an SGS2 running CM10.2 and it runs faster than my wife's SGS3.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

What bugs me most is that KIES is way outdated.  It would have been a better alternative updating devices rather relying on AT&T's glitchy OTA servers.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

I wonder if you guys just have too many neighbors with wifi, a crappy wifi router, or are too far from it to get a good signal, etc... I've updated two phones from 4.0.4->4.1.1->4.1.2->4.3 with no issues any time. Sure, it's not *fast* to download 600MB+ each time, but it never stops or fails on me. I just leave the phone on a table and come back when the download is finished. I did the updates more or less the day they came out each time too, in the middle of the day, when it would probably be the busiest on AT&T's servers.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

10 days - Still waiting for the software to be pushed to my phone. Does anyone have any other ideas by which I can update the phone?

Samsung - We have given software to AT&T and they need to push

AT&T Call Helpdesk - We can push and we don't know who to forward the call to

AT&T Chat Support - We are technical dept and we don't handle that, not sure who to foward it to

Any help is much appreciated. Even a way to escalate this at AT&T works, since the helpdesk and chat support refuse to raise a ticket as they don't know who to assign it to.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Let me add my experience to your list.

AT&T Walk-ins: We are sales, we don't handle tech issues.

AT&T Issued ticket: We are working on it.

Calling Samsung: Call AT&T to push the update to your device. (I told them I just did just a moment ago). Please visit the nearest Samsung Experience.

Samsung Experience: Why are they bringing you here? We only handle sales, but we can try to help, though.  They will try KIES and if it fails, they will use Samsung Live Chat.

- Samsung Live Chat: Please be patient, updates are currently rolling-out, so wait for more days.

IF the Samsung Experience rep has "tech background", he/she will say that he/she can flash the device to the latest firmware, but they were instructed not to. (-_-)

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

anybody else unable to edit a contract's group in 4.3? the contacts app just crashes if I change the group. if you change the group for a new contract outside of the full contact editor it just doesn't take effect. all my new contacts are stuck in "unassigned"

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

When is the patch coming? It has been release to address lag, poor memory management, poor battery life and wifi issues.  

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

Patch? Is there a 4.3.1 or something?

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

I have read that there is a incremental repair to 4.3 it is Samsung specific so not 4.3.1.
At&t any information? My phone runs like crap. Used it for 20 minutes lost 10% battery and s-l-o-w!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.